Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
My amazon ES/UK/ETc(they all use same warehouses in europe regardless of who you order it from) all arrive in my middle of ocean island a day or two later, guess hawaii isn't really liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Celexi posted:

My amazon ES/UK/ETc(they all use same warehouses in europe regardless of who you order it from) all arrive in my middle of ocean island a day or two later, guess hawaii isn't really liked.

In Europe they already invented the airplane.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
in america they're too busy researching fundamentalism

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
xtranormal is back

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

want to re-make career talks in this where the speaker has a powerpoint presentation

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
one time i paid the extra 3.99 for one day shipping and they didn't ship it for two days at which point i had already left the country and i had to return an item well that's my amazon story hope you liked it

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
even though sometimes they fuckup shipping and they treat their warehouse workers like garbage, i like amazon because they are making a lord of the rings tv show

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

C.H.O.M.E posted:

even though sometimes they fuckup shipping and they treat their warehouse workers like garbage, i like amazon because they are making a lord of the rings tv show

kinda torn because i have a buddy whos life fell into a pretty rough few years and getting a warehouse job gave him stability and focus, and now hes looking at college again and working real hard and in better shape

like they do treat people awful, but he compared it to all the other warehouse jobs hes had and found it passable. i hope he can move up to something less tedious and get back to school, hes a good guy and deserves the opportunity :unsmith:

Shaggar posted:

you could pretend its star trak and get a bunch of kindles for your shelf each with only one book on it.

thanks to cheap tablets and several kindles i, too, can reenact that one ds9 scene where obrien knocks over his stack of padds in exhausted frustration

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
oh hi yospos over here in グローリアス日本 (that's "glorious nippon" to you languagailures) we get our orders delivered directly from jeff bezos-sama's womb to our very door by most honourable samurai deliverymen who will come back twice if necessary to make sure we have our mindless consumerist poo poo in our hands within a day or two

or if i know i'm going to be out (since i'm in グローリアス日本 that means i'm on trains all day erry day) i can arrange to have them delivered to a local combini (that means "convenience store") where i can pick it up at my, heh convenience. and also buy a bottle of おいしいウィスキー (delicious whisky) at the same time

sucks to be wherever it is that you are and i'm not, i guess

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Weatherman posted:

oh hi yospos over here in グローリアス日本 (that's "glorious nippon" to you languagailures) we get our orders delivered directly from jeff bezos-sama's womb to our very door by most honourable samurai deliverymen who will come back twice if necessary to make sure we have our mindless consumerist poo poo in our hands within a day or two

or if i know i'm going to be out (since i'm in グローリアス日本 that means i'm on trains all day erry day) i can arrange to have them delivered to a local combini (that means "convenience store") where i can pick it up at my, heh convenience. and also buy a bottle of おいしいウィスキー (delicious whisky) at the same time

wow do you have a japanese girlfriend

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Weatherman posted:

lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
in some countries amazon still only sells books

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

poty posted:

wow do you have a japanese girlfriend

no but i have a japanese waifu

bought her from amazon

now what

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Weatherman posted:

no but i have a japanese waifu

bought her from amazon

now what

im v jealous

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

GameCube posted:

capitalism is a piece of poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

TOOT BOOT posted:

Amazon is better than iTunes about this. There's never been a situation where I couldn't read a Kindle ebook but I've had multiple albums removed from download access by iTunes, either in whole or part.
it hasn't happened yet but I bet it's possible

plus music licensing is the worst

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

gently caress Amazon, extremely

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

yespos

you`re economic system is a piece of poo poo

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Shaggar posted:

if ur gonna buy a book idk why in the world you'd get a physical copy instead of just getting it on kindle

you can check out a lot of ebooks for free from your library now. sometimes it will popup when you search the book name on google.

selling on amazon sucks as a merchant. if you are using amazon for fulfillment services you are stuck accepting returns for pretty much any reason. the actual fees for when people buy something are really high. when amazon loses something it is not automatic to get reimbursed. if someone damages something and then returns it you have to pay for it to get sent back to you to assess what is wrong with it. if things don't sell for 6+ months the storage fees are really high, and then you have to pay for amazon to dispose of it. when amazon deals with customer service issues they are incredibly customer friendly. there is pretty much no way to defend against an a to z claim if you have a savvy scammer/buyer.

good things about selling on amazon. for a lot of stuff like used video games, electronics, board games and books, amazon still has the best price after all the fees and fast sales. shipping to an amazon warehouse with UPS is stupid cheap. if you are using FBA, amazon deals with customer service issues. it can be very convenient to prep and ship to an amazon warehouse and not worry about mailing stuff out when it sells or deal with customers

shopping on amazon is consistently disappointing. even after amazon has banned giving away free items for reviews, fake/paid reviews are common. counterfeits are common even on sold by amazon.com products. search is terrible. sorting by avg customer reviews gives you a bunch of 1-10 review products in many categories. sorting by price doesn't really work without fiddling around within the categories. the way items are grouped into categories has no rhyme or reason. amazon warehouse deals are often different from their stated description, it says it includes a remote but there is no remote. there is no way to bundle incredibly similar products. amazon rarely has the best price. amazon delivery drivers are terrible, even when they get shipped ups or fedex its like they come in the evening and they have separate drivers from the regulars.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Supposedly it's impossible to not buy a counterfeit ps3 controller on Amazon, even ones that look like Amazon is involved in fulfilling

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
for as successful as it is amazon has the absolute worst website

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Shaggar posted:

my friend have you seen rakuten dot co dot jp

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Shaggar posted:

it's so loving bad

last night i was searching for "antique speaker cloth". it had like one kind of speaker cloth, and 17 pages of iPhone cases.

"speaker grill fabric" is apparently the correct search term fyi

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the problem is they don't have any taxonomy for their products and services so its all keyword barf where nothing can be found or compared.

its an easy problem to solve from a technology standpoint but you need a process in place to make sure all existing and new products and services get fully entered into the system and that's hard cause someone always wants to take a shortcut and you just gotta beat them up until they do it right.

that said, if you have attribute requirements setup properly on your object classes the sellers options are 1) fill out everything fully and correctly 2) don't have it listed where people can easily find it.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
counterfeiting on amazon drives me insane

come on guys how hard is this to solve

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

a few years ago a large footwear manufacturer made the news when they pulled their entire product line from amazon because there were so many counterfeit goods from shady sellers intermixed with their legit ones. if you didn't pay close attention to who was fulfilling your order you could easily end up paying full price for fakes.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

The_Franz posted:

a few years ago a large footwear manufacturer made the news when they pulled their entire product line from amazon because there were so many counterfeit goods from shady sellers intermixed with their legit ones. if you didn't pay close attention to who was fulfilling your order you could easily end up paying full price for fakes.

nike is back on amazon btw

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FamDav posted:

nike is back on amazon btw

If we're going to do shoechat can I express my disappointment that sketchers and new balance are the only major tennis shoe lines that do wide sizes?

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

counterfeit is at least better than a literal no labels empty box that's always a bit awkward when that happens

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
so there was just an aws conference, what's new

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i love the arbitrage guys where you place an order and then it just sits for a few days before refunding you because *whoops!* their source fell through or something

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

only buy from amazon or the manufacturer's amazon store if you must

it's kind of amazing watching jeff bezos turn a company built on customer experience into a giant flea market

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i was looking for a desklamp the other day and they had a half dozen of the exact same model under different brands all w/ suspiciously chinese-sounding names

assumed it was all that thing where a chinese factory runs the "main" model during the day then others rent the facility for the night and use everything to do runs for their own brand

the "compare similar products" feature for that was hilarious

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Gazpacho posted:

backdoor discovered on all aws servers, amazon shocked by the shaming of their gay servers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i was looking for a desklamp the other day and they had a half dozen of the exact same model under different brands all w/ suspiciously chinese-sounding names

assumed it was all that thing where a chinese factory runs the "main" model during the day then others rent the facility for the night and use everything to do runs for their own brand

the "compare similar products" feature for that was hilarious

did you manage to find one that has a physical switch instead of capacitive touch controls? because I recently spent 30 minutes looking at lamps and they're all like gesture based now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

did you manage to find one that has a physical switch instead of capacitive touch controls? because I recently spent 30 minutes looking at lamps and they're all like gesture based now

yep it was a slog

...and appears to no longer be available lol wonder what happened to the harmonious manufacturing brand TaoTronics

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Gazpacho posted:

btw i asked here because the blog looks like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gently caress it