Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valicious
Aug 16, 2010

Phayray posted:

If people hop on tonight, we're gonna try to run dungeons, around the usual time of 9 or 930 EST, since we missed Tuesday due to the patch.

Did you guys end up doing this? I passed out hard, barely finished hot time before reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I didn't see anyone talking about it when the time came

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Valicious posted:

Did you guys end up doing this? I passed out hard, barely finished hot time before reset.

I asked and no one was around so nope - would like to do it tonight though before we overflow on wood!

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I'm holding on to clan quests that give wood yluntil after fireplace tomorrow. Hopefully we can do 3x tomorrow.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I had thought one could use non-rare equipment towards limit-breaking or attribute enhancement, but I guess not? So are they just upgrade fodder once you have a rare of that type??

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ditch posted:

I had thought one could use non-rare equipment towards limit-breaking or attribute enhancement, but I guess not? So are they just upgrade fodder once you have a rare of that type??

Limit breaking requires the same exact equipment, SR level 1. So if you have Dominus Gloves (rare) SR30, you need level 1 SR-grade Dominus Gloves to limit break them.

Attribute enhancement only requires matching attribute, so any rare armor can be used to attribute enhance any other rare armor since they all have PVP -damage attributes.

If you've got a rare for that slot, non-rare armor is useless for the time being. I think eventually you can deconstruct it to get materials for UR upgrades or something but that's a long ways away.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Grizzled soldier: DO QUESTS SO I CAN GIVE MY WIFE CHOCOLATE.

This game is amazing

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
33mb patch and the bug where I can't do clan donations from the daily activities list still bounces me out of the menus. Dumb phone game.

First world problems...

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
quick event maths:
Event runs 22 days at 6 spaces/truffle = 72 spaces
Doing 3x subquest resets (300 gems) each day = 14 truffles (and 4 spaces)
Doing 2x resets (150 gems) = 12 truffles (and 5 spaces)
1x reset (50 gems) = 11 truffles
no resets = 9 truffles (and 1 space)

The difference between running 2x and 3x/day is 3300 gems, but the difference in event rewards is
no resets = R attribute stone
1x = R attribute stone, 10x stregthening material box
2x = R attribute stone, 15x stregthening material box
3x = R attribute stone, R varnish of each type, +2 more of each space reward and 100,000 more adena than 2x (also all the additional xp and adena you get from running 110 extra scrolls)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I can't make it for fireplace/dungeons tonight due to evening demands, sorry in advance.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Valicious posted:

quick event maths:
Event runs 22 days at 6 spaces/truffle = 72 spaces
Doing 3x subquest resets (300 gems) each day = 14 truffles (and 4 spaces)
Doing 2x resets (150 gems) = 12 truffles (and 5 spaces)
1x reset (50 gems) = 11 truffles
no resets = 9 truffles (and 1 space)

The difference between running 2x and 3x/day is 3300 gems, but the difference in event rewards is
no resets = R attribute stone
1x = R attribute stone, 10x stregthening material box
2x = R attribute stone, 15x stregthening material box
3x = R attribute stone, R varnish of each type, +2 more of each space reward and 100,000 more adena than 2x (also all the additional xp and adena you get from running 110 extra scrolls)

It's 21 days for a theoretical max of 14 full trips (4 * 21 / 6) through the board - so 14 random blessed scrolls, IMO the most valuable reward from the event.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
RIP guild. It was fun while it lasted!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
:confused:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

So fireplace and dungeons are suddenly and unceremoniously over, I take it?

E: Guess so, that's ok - after a month I feel I've seen what this game has to offer and I'm just making numbers bigger at this point. I'm very grateful for being included in the activities and appreciate how friendly and helpful people have been.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 15, 2018

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Anyone care to expand a bit? Why is the guild dying all of a sudden? I thought they just added some neat new stuff and I've been grinding my way up to actually enjoy it with others maybe.

Hell I just haven't been able to join the Tues/Thurs meetups because some of use commute during that time. :negative:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I think the problem is that everyone who started around the same time hit end game around the same time and realized it wasn't there. It's a very neat game and one I enjoyed not playing. I may be alone in this but I often watched the auto questing and thought "This is a pretty game. It's a shame that paying attention to the game is a waste of time." I wonder if it would have been better without auto questing so people would have felt more involved.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

I think the problem is that everyone who started around the same time hit end game around the same time and realized it wasn't there. It's a very neat game and one I enjoyed not playing. I may be alone in this but I often watched the auto questing and thought "This is a pretty game. It's a shame that paying attention to the game is a waste of time." I wonder if it would have been better without auto questing so people would have felt more involved.

That, and there are too many dailies to do each day. You never really have time to do anything else, and even if you did it wouldn’t be nearly as time-efficient as auto-questing. There is never free time to actively explore or dungeon crawl and the rewards are pretty negligible. Especially when some afk guy gets the exact same thing accomplished/rewards earned.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I love that you can only buy the new mount, it costs $50, and you still have to level it up from S to SR. The fact that thousands of people will pay $50 for a 0.1-0.2% CP increase is amazing.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012

Ditch posted:

I love that you can only buy the new mount, it costs $50, and you still have to level it up from S to SR. The fact that thousands of people will pay $50 for a 0.1-0.2% CP increase is amazing.

Shame on you for these lies and falsehoods! It would be patently ridiculous for such a charge on a simple cosmetic item with such a level of impact to gameplay!

The real price is $100.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
My bad.

(And if you use the currency of the UK, it's still 100 :downs: )

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can't seem to find an answer for this, what does it mean if a monster core or piece of equipment has a blue gem in the bottom right corner?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Can't seem to find an answer for this, what does it mean if a monster core or piece of equipment has a blue gem in the bottom right corner?
It denotes that it can be sold on the market. However, low-evolution items can't be sold without being upgraded, and lots of items don't sell due to lack of demand or Netmarble setting the minimum price too high.

In my experience you can sell herbs for the 2-gem minimum (you get 1 gem of that), summon stones, and not much else.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Lube banjo posted:

That, and there are too many dailies to do each day. You never really have time to do anything else, and even if you did it wouldn’t be nearly as time-efficient as auto-questing. There is never free time to actively explore or dungeon crawl and the rewards are pretty negligible. Especially when some afk guy gets the exact same thing accomplished/rewards earned.

In the same vein, time investment has an incredibly steep return falloff: at end game, to even have a chance of keeping up with the top (F2P) players, you *must* do all of your dailies every day. Time spent beyond that barely gets you anything, however, with the exception of events like clan dungeons and open siege. Due to the clan dungeon reset mechanics, keeping up with end game in a top clan means you're basically obligated to participate in clan dungeons every. single. day which is also kind of insane.

I was also disappointed that the 180 patch and subsequent mini-patches added practically nothing to the game. It took them weeks to even fill in the daily dungeons up to the new cap so we were just running the same poo poo we did at 120 for weeks even though we were 180. Then they added the next tier of daily difficulties and it's still full auto with slightly better rewards and that's it. It sounds like they're adding rifts soon but it's way too late, that type of new content should have come much sooner.

The level 180 field/dungeon farm spots are actually worse than 120 and were absolutely packed so I was competing with people who have spent hundreds~thousands of dollars while AFK farming, pretty much obliterating my enhance scroll/maphyr's income. Combined with the core drop buffs for castle owners (did they ever nerf this?), the power disparity between me and the P2Pers got bigger and bigger. At 120 I could generally keep up with the low to medium-end P2Pers with good resource management and diligent daily completion but that was put to an end at 180 and it was pretty much the only thing keeping me interested - the resource management game, keeping me competitive despite not spending.

I enjoyed it while it lasted and we had some good times. I was never going to be able to keep up with the big spenders, and that was fine, but it got to a point where I could spend 3+ hours a day actively playing and still be falling further and further behind which feels incredibly bad in a PvP game - I was literally getting less and less competitive as time went on even with my exceptionally good enhance luck.

So, that's my dumb story, I really enjoyed playing with you guys, and I hope that one day Netmarble gives you a non-trash limited shop!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Probably I will get bored at 3/4th of the progression (more or less like Hit) but what puts you off from leveling up alts while waiting on the next level expansion?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

limaCAT posted:

Probably I will get bored at 3/4th of the progression (more or less like Hit) but what puts you off from leveling up alts while waiting on the next level expansion?

Nothing really - I had a total level of about 200 in alts on the same account as my main as well as a level 50 or 60 alt on another account so I could multi-box. Kind of unfortunate that leveling the same account alts means I wasn't farming on my main, though. I had fun playing my battle mage and treasure hunter alts especially (main was elder).

I guess another issue, if you care about being end game like I do, is that there are no catch-up mechanics for progression except a credit card - the alt can never actually catch up to end game CP wise and will thus never really be competitive.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I like how it's impossible to earn the non-free cloaks in a reasonable timeframe without cash. Well unless you're lucky enough to be on a server with an active market.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 14, 2018

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
And of course I get a red background s-level weapon from one of the free daily high level lootboxes, and of loving course I get it on my level 15 healer alt (that I only play on those boring weekends where I complete everything on my main) :shepicide:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
So who's ready to go from being a barely competitive non-whale, to being a massively underpowered player in a sea of whales post-merger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Is anyone on Aden04? I started awhile ago and didn't think to check for goons.

• Locked thread