Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Whoever made English dub the default is a fool

Also I was thinking, "wow weird why did Aleksander take his wife's maiden name" and welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And I pity the fools who don’t figure out they should change it.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also I was thinking, "wow weird why did Aleksander take his wife's maiden name" and welp

wait wasn't that what happened, did I miss something

In Portugal subtitles are the default (like they are for everything else) and it's p good with them. Then again, we've been reading subtitles our whole lives, it's second nature by now. Opposite to Spain, that dubs everything and makes everything sound very, very terrible.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

orange sky posted:

wait wasn't that what happened, did I miss something

In Portugal subtitles are the default (like they are for everything else) and it's p good with them. Then again, we've been reading subtitles our whole lives, it's second nature by now. Opposite to Spain, that dubs everything and makes everything sound very, very terrible.
He does, but that's fairly unusual. Him taking it makes a lot more sense once you learn his background.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

He does, but that's fairly unusual. Him taking it makes a lot more sense once you learn his background.

Oh, yeah, that. True.

I also presumed before knowing about him that he just wanted the "big sounding name" to be his.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
If you enjoyed Dark you might fancy giving this french 3-part series a go, very creepy.

It's an exclusive on Shudder TV

https://www.shudder.com/series/beyond-the-walls/2465373

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this. Cool show.

For those wondering how they can still link back to 1953 after final episode events, they can easily say that if you travel from the future of 2052 to 1986 (using the 2019 centered black hole), then you'll end up in a time where the original 1986 centered black hole exists. This allows you to travel 33 more years back to 1953. So theoretically you can go 2052->1953 by using the door twice in a row. Guess we'll know in season 2 though.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

supernatural blonde posted:

If you enjoyed Dark you might fancy giving this french 3-part series a go, very creepy.

It's an exclusive on Shudder TV

https://www.shudder.com/series/beyond-the-walls/2465373

Similarly, there's Zone Blanche (Black Spot is the English title, yes I know that doesn't make sense) on Amazon Prime. French show, takes place in a dark and fairytale-like forest. The forest is a big part of the show. Really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Oh cool that looks good, thanks. I'll give that a try soon.

I think maybe we need a dedicated foreign tv drama/movie thread so we can share stuff, there's SO much good poo poo out there that people won't consider because subtitles.

• Locked thread