Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sockingtonsworth

crrrrrrreeeeaak goes the door. but there’s a jingle from a little bell too. they know right where you are.

You meander a bit around this new store. ”What the gently caress are these things?” you murmur to yourself. Your curiosity lifts your hand to the round face of the clock. Seriously is this some sort of calendar or calculator?

A demanding but collected “Watch yourself,” comes from right behind you. You think you feel the barrel of a Gun touching the back of your head. You turn around to make sure.

Sure enough, here it is. A loving gun. Riiiight in your face. The guy starts talking before you could say ‘help’, “Wanna buy this Gun?”

“I’m just looking at these,” the neon ‘CLOCKS’ sign shimmers in the background, “..clocks... I don’t think I need a gun”

“You don’t need to know what time it is if you have a gun,” the clerk replies without shifting his aim more than a few millimeters.

You stand puzzled, folding and re-folding your arms until a confident “well, I wouldn’t usually do this but I’ll take three please”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockingtonsworth

Jason, did you put that clock back on safety? Last time you forgot remember what happened? It’s called daylight savings?

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
oh sure, some might prefer a precision manufactured Swiss piece, but I find that a Chinese abacus and Sumerian sundial are just fine for timing every motherfucker in the room.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sockingtonsworth

I would go to the clock shop to buy some guns but I’m too afraid of cuckoo clocks

Manifisto

a lot of folks, especially around these parts, have taken to putting clocks on the walls so they're available just in case they're needed. hell some of them carry small clocks around with them all the time, on their wrists. I am as big a believer as anyone in the right to own and use clocks, but I think this is madness. how would you feel if a stranger came into your home and decided to satisfy their urges to tell the time by using your clock? that's what I thought. responsible clock ownership involves a clock safe. it's a little inconvenient when I wake up in the middle of the night and need to figure out what time it is, but it's sure one hell of a lot better than getting out of bed and confronting an intruder who already knows.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockingtonsworth

Look guys. We haven’t sold a gun in a month, and I’m starting to think it’s because of the sawed off shotgun we rigged to fire at the door when it opens instead of having one of those little jingly bells. And it’s not like we have all the time in the world to sell these guns, we just have a lot of clocks

• Locked thread