Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i got kismet w/ncurses running on mine for wardriving. it killed the battery in about an hour, but it looked cyberpunk as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

i remember using one of those nokia n800 things back in the day for a quick internet form filling thingie we did. as soon as you got near an actual desktop it was pretty loving lol to use however.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:iamafag:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
maddox, the only thing that's aged worse than PDAs

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

infernal machines posted:

i owned both the 770 and the n800

in fact, i still have the n800 around somewhere. they were, by the standards of the time, surprisingly usable for browsing the web

one of my coworkers back in 2012 had an n900 it was wild

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i was preorder #51 in the first batch of Pandoras and was there on gp32x for the project's inception, ama

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how does it feel to be a sucka?

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

SO DEMANDING posted:

if you're serious and you actually get one you better post a review

but that would require an effort from my part!

but sure, i guess i could flaunt it around in yospos if it ever arrives

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

they had a long list over available keyboard layouts too, i ordered mine with a norwegian layout

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

infernal machines posted:

how does it feel to be a sucka?

I beat earthbound and super metroid in the slow hours working as a video store clerk, so pretty good overall

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

i was preorder #51 in the first batch of Pandoras and was there on gp32x for the project's inception, ama

did you actually get one or was the pandora forever vaporware? tell me about double-fisting the dual SD slots

lol the "new" version or whatever still isn't out https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/ https://www.dragonbox.de/en/45-pyra

if it actually existed and didn't cost as much as a real goddamn laptop i'd probably get one

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
whats the fuckin point lol

just use an iphone or a macbook

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
wanna get one to hack atms and goto arcades

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Pocket Lint initial review of this pile

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

looks cooler than a bluetooth keyboard with a phone holder but is much, much more expensive and won't be supported after poor initial sales

I too had a couple of those nokias mostly for travel, they've been 100% replaced by my ipad

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Remember if you have a Smart watch you'll know who is calling you. You don't need and external display on the PDA. Also my Plantronics headset tells me who is calling me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

still haven't received it, their newsletter keeps blabbering about their appearance on ces

• Locked thread