Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

idk so far master mode has turned a game that was mostly about mashing attack on everything into a game where im carefully considering my options in nearly every encounter, even with an arsenal of lynel gear in my pocket.

not really imo. after getting off the plateau i have 5 heart containers but also 10 million str up foods and a bunch of high end gear thanks to the balloons and like 30 bomb arrows thanks to walking up to every balloon enemy and pushing them off so they die without really having to fight them. the combat is still essentially the same, which is to say not very hard and still the worst part of this game. the only thing thats really changed is i have to eat a str up item before every encounter since it still takes forever to kill a silver bokoblin with the 100 damage claymore i found 10 minutes after getting off the plateau.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you have even less incentive to fight the monster camps that were already in the game since you end up fighting 5 silver bokoblins to get a chest unlock with a stick inside, but hovering around every shrine, tower, bridge, etc is a blue bokolin on a balloon with a lynel bow, explosive arrows and probably a weapon that does 60 damage or whatever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

you have even less incentive to fight the monster camps that were already in the game since you end up fighting 5 silver bokoblins to get a chest unlock with a stick inside, but hovering around every shrine, tower, bridge, etc is a blue bokolin on a balloon with a lynel bow, explosive arrows and probably a weapon that does 60 damage or whatever

i had terrible luck with the first couple of floaty chests i got then. i stopped bothering with them lmao whoops

think im ready for master mode master trials, gonna try it out tonight when i get home from drinks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lvl 5 of the trials has 3 black bokos that shave off 8 hearts a hit, its really rough

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

lvl 5 of the trials has 3 black bokos that shave off 8 hearts a hit, its really rough
Sounds super engaging and fun and not at all a miserable slog. :thumbsup:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuck

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cobalt Viper posted:

Sounds super engaging and fun and not at all a miserable slog. :thumbsup:

this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i reached the double silver lizalfos room and gently caress this lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its like the combat in this game was effective but kind of too easy like every other 3d zelda game, and adding insane health and defense scaling and autoregenerating health while simultaneously making your weapons way weaker was a really bad way to add challenge becasue now you really are playing the worst ubisoft game imaginable

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think its fine out in the field when you can prepare for things and find OP weps if you go to the right places, or just hit strong monsters with lightning arrows to disarm them and take their poo poo. but when they give you Rusty Sword and Bad Stick and make you fight 2 800HP enemies that can oneshot you in a small arena..why wouldnt they also upgrade the weapons for the master trials lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremebuff posted:

i reached the double silver lizalfos room and gently caress this lol

if you’re doing this before the champions ballad I urge you to stop, the ballad stuff is so much better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if you’re doing this before the champions ballad I urge you to stop, the ballad stuff is so much better

the reward is something i feel would ruin the game anyhow

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The way to make the master trials work is to let you bring in a rly limited inventory, like 3 weapons 2 bows 6 foods. You still need to be resourceful and maximize the stuff you find on the ground but still have a way to deal with bullshit regen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just upgrade all the weapons 1 tier like they did with the monsters. why am i fighting crowds of black+silver monsters with boko clubs and travelers swords lol its ridiculous

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

its like the combat in this game was effective but kind of too easy like every other 3d zelda game, and adding insane health and defense scaling and autoregenerating health while simultaneously making your weapons way weaker was a really bad way to add challenge becasue now you really are playing the worst ubisoft game imaginable

yeah, honestly while i was looking for the koroks and killing hinoxes and whatnot, i just started ignoring every lizalfos and bokoblin camps because i didn't want to fight like four silver ones and then have to go look for replacement weapons. the combat is good toward the beginning of the game when you can incorporate stealth and prepare for invading a camp, but there comes a point when you realie "i don't need any more teeth or tails or w/e and i don't need to waste my time on these things."

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, honestly while i was looking for the koroks and killing hinoxes and whatnot, i just started ignoring every lizalfos and bokoblin camps because i didn't want to fight like four silver ones and then have to go look for replacement weapons. the combat is good toward the beginning of the game when you can incorporate stealth and prepare for invading a camp, but there comes a point when you realie "i don't need any more teeth or tails or w/e and i don't need to waste my time on these things."

i have like 2 swords that do 100 damage so sometimes i walk behind a silver mobgoblin, change into the damage up armor and eat a damage up meal, and backstab him 1hko him, grab the gems and run off but thats about it. the camps are especially worthless in master mode anyway since its the same trash from regular mode so you end up using 1/2 your weapons and food slowly killing 10 silver bokoblins for a single piece of amber.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i have like 2 swords that do 100 damage so sometimes i walk behind a silver mobgoblin, change into the damage up armor and eat a damage up meal, and backstab him 1hko him, grab the gems and run off but thats about it. the camps are especially worthless in master mode anyway since its the same trash from regular mode so you end up using 1/2 your weapons and food slowly killing 10 silver bokoblins for a single piece of amber.

yeah it's not worth going through two lynel crushers and an entire hinox worth of royal swords for like... 10 ice arrow.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

average encounter now that i have 3/4 beasts done

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that looks loving miserable

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

It is

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

atk up armor evens it out. i killed all those moblins with one big dragonbone club spin. now when this happens in the master trials lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

champions ballad has been really cool

lmao at enemies with korok leafs that can oneshot you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

every divine beast shouldve been like this, actual big fun puzzles for each terminal instead of 3/5 of them sitting in plain sight and the last 1-2 being simpler than all the puzzles in the local shrines. this dlc owns

i still stand behind master mode but it definitely falls apart in challenges that strip all your gear and force you to defeat all enemies, which is pretty much only the master trials lol. all the boss refights were fun except for the zora, which highlighted how terrible that boss is unless you shred it in 20 seconds with OP gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

with the zora fight I was banging my head against a wall because I didn’t want to cheese it with a +++attack food and then it got pointed out to me that you can stasis and knock back the ice cubes he throws at you in phase 2 and it makes the fight a thousand times less stressful

• Locked thread