Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Hey it's around that time when people start making resolutions for what they're going to do next year.

Last year my resolution was to finish the novel I started for NaNoWriMo 2016 and get it to query-ready level by the end of 2017. That didn't go over too well, and now my goal is 'finish a rough draft of the stupid thing before the end of the year'. Actually here let me just

:toxx: I will finish the first draft of my novel by the end of 2017 or eat a ban and stay away from SA until I do finish it. I'm not sure how to prove that I've actually done it, but I'll figure that out as I go along.

My resolution for 2018 will be to revise the novel at least twice. Once after letting it rest, just based off my own thoughts on improvements I need to make as well as comments I've gotten from a beta reader I've been trading chapters with, and then again after sending it around for critiquing from various folks. I don't want to put 'and query it' in there just yet because I don't want to rush that. I'll query it when it's good and ready.

How about everyone else? Got any art-related resolutions for next year? Come make some promises. You can make them Toxxes if you want, though obviously that's not a rule or anything. I'm just using this excuse to post mine because I didn't know where else to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
carve a lifesize sculpture of my own rear end out of salted butter

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
learn a new medium. Most likely some form of painting.

• Locked thread