Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
If you have a thought about bitcoin and/or how far GIP has fallen because of [insert reason] it can go here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angus McAWESOME
Mar 18, 2011
Zeris, speculation by investors has come to light suggesting morale in GiP is directly tied to Bitcoin prices. Is there any truth to that rumor, sir? If so, should I invest in Bitcoins to raise the spirits of OUR TROOPS?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Bitcoin chat in the other thread reminded me that I got some Litecoin and Dogecoin way back in the day, and because I never throw away hard drives I was able to find my old wallets. Thanks GiP!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Reenlistment bonuses will be paid out in a crypto currency of your choice, also VA home loans will only guarantee collateral in bitcoin.

GIP is not real and therefore it is not possible for the forum to have morals.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Zeris posted:

Reenlistment bonuses will be paid out in a crypto currency of your choice, also VA home loans will only guarantee collateral in bitcoin.

GIP is not real and therefore it is not possible for the forum to have morals.

Replace bootcamp with Bitcamp, graduation requirements will include your ability to mine blockchains with combat boots that generate electricity to power your Individually Designed Integrated Operating Trainer. The I.D.I.O.T. will guide the recruit through training, and double as a wi-fi hotspot for anyone who needs it. Marching in formation sets up the squad as a parallel processing system so a platoon of I.D.I.O.T.s could really drum up some cryptocash!

I don't know what I've been told!
Crypto cash is fine as gold!
I don't know but it's been said,
I should mine bitcoins jerking off in bed!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:stare: Once again, a perfect match. When Frodo threw the ring into Mt Gox and everything exploded, the internet's reaction/counterreaction was absolutely wonderful to behold.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Would you believe that people are paying a bunch of money for stupid Dogecoin? They're paying close to $25 for 10,000 of them, which I bought years ago for less than a dollar. It's crazy how inflated this entire market has become.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
There is an online sports book and poker room called Betcoin. It’s been known as kind of a shady organization since it opened, taking deposits, not paying out, but because they do crypto currency idiots kept giving them money.

Anyhow, they closed down on Christmas and took a 43BTC bad beat jackpot with them, so obviously people are really upset because they had to pay increased fees per hand to fund the bad beat and it never got paid out.

Bitcoin really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

today in crypto news someone paid an $81k fee to send $24. odds are they meant to send the $81k, but instead now they just gave whatever miner that found that block a small fortune.

edited because it wasn't bitcoin proper but some other cryptocurrency.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 27, 2017

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I've been considering investing a small amount of extra cash into XRP or some other Cryptocurrency that's at like... a buck per *stock* or whatever poo poo they call it.

I can only hope that people are stupid enough that I could get in on the ground floor and watch the price skyrocket like Bitcoin but I really want to buy a decent computer so I'm just gonna do that and keep my money.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

I've been considering investing a small amount of extra cash into XRP or some other Cryptocurrency that's at like... a buck per *stock* or whatever poo poo they call it.

I can only hope that people are stupid enough that I could get in on the ground floor and watch the price skyrocket like Bitcoin but I really want to buy a decent computer so I'm just gonna do that and keep my money.

this dumb thinking is how these things get started. They're entirely propped up by other people thinking this (and outright fraud)

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Well yeah that's why I'm not gonna do it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...m=.89c8addf1e96

• Locked thread