Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
simple rules like the plate model or the above halving and halving break down in practice, but are good launching points or else crystallizations to help ID good consumption strategies from fad consumption strategies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://youtu.be/1NjTWvl8x-U

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ahh yes the Justin mcelroy bean diet

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kenny Logins posted:

simple rules like the plate model or the above halving and halving break down in practice, but are good launching points or else crystallizations to help ID good consumption strategies from fad consumption strategies

basically this, since it's well documented that people vastly underestimate the amount of food they consume regularly

it's simply just decide what you want but then prepare less of it, then get what you want but divide it into two meals

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

drink more water after and before and while and while not eating

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

a kitchen scale is also helpful and more accessible than they used to be. it changes your food workflow a bit but it does help train your eye for eyeballin' out of the home

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

"a serving of protein is about the size of a deck of cards" also has some edge cases but the point is it's a helpful general rule to get you to think differently about consumption

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

never consume more than 600 calories per day

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Kenny Logins posted:

"a serving of protein is about the size of a deck of cards" also has some edge cases but the point is it's a helpful general rule to get you to think differently about consumption

Let me show you my MTG deck...

:goonsay:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my dietary problem is that my brain is hosed

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
eat paper for the first ten minutes of your meal and then switch to what you have prepared

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Dongslayer. posted:

eat paper for the first ten minutes of your meal and then switch to what you have prepared

pica chew

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:perfect:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dongslayer. posted:

maybe combine it with some light reading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eO2QfEGK6U

• Locked thread