Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nice work! Also lmao I managed to not update the title for an entire year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Welp, again barely made it. I really should stop doing most of the work at the very end of the month.

First, I ended my long-running Master of Orion 3 LP this month:

MO3 156: The Age of Rebellion VI: The Undiscovered Sector
MO3 157: The Age of Rebellion VII: Orion Generations
MO3 158: The Age of Rebellion VIII: Orion Contacts

However, three final update came up a bit short, according to my text editor it's at most 8198 words.

So I sat back down this evening and went back to an older project I keep tinkering around with, and collected and reordered some old fragments and other electronic paperwork to turn it into a proper writing project. Then started writing again. The reorganizing turned my old files into a text 5447 words long, which sadly doesn't cound because while organizing files certainly is work, it's not writing. So I kept writing until I stopped after a good stopping point to catch my breath. The new text is now 7436 words long. In other words, the total tally for this month was 8198 + 1989 = 10187 words.

10187 words for January 2024

OK, in hopes I pace myself better and because I still have a huge backlog of old projects to get running again and new poo poo to start, I pledge again 10k for February. May I survive my hubris.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Welp, as always really loving late, but I did it:

This link goes to a document I filled up with a mad treatise about making a good space 4x game. Next month I'll probably go back and finish it, I dunno. I mostly wrote this so my thoughts wouldn't drive me insane.

7k words, give or take a couple dozen.

This link however, goes to an update I wrote for my Operation Eastside screenshot LP. About 3,2k words.

10k for February: Achieved!

And again I pledge 10k words for March 2024

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gj, anyone else up for a challenge? I'll put myself down for 10k, I'm doing a creative writing Masters so if i can't hit that I'm hosed anyway

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
few days late but I'm jumping back in after a long absence. :toxx: 4k for March.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

magic cactus posted:

few days late but I'm jumping back in after a long absence. :toxx: 4k for March.

Seb can I get a deadline extension till Monday? I'm traveling for the holidays and away from my computer so I can't post my document just yet.

https://ibb.co/87qjgs1

Edit: Got in late last night too tired to post, but here is 4,105 words. Not a pleasant experience. My novel seems to be fighting me. I'm gonna take a break from the main project and maybe just work on short story/flash fiction stuff. Pledging 4k for April :toxx:

magic cactus fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 2, 2024

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

You may.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo posted:

Gj, anyone else up for a challenge? I'll put myself down for 10k, I'm doing a creative writing Masters so if i can't hit that I'm hosed anyway

Oh and easily smashed this with 15k, hell yeah.

Let's go for another 15 for april :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Again, I planned my time so badly I was forced to write 6k words in just under three days, but also again, I made it!

And this time I managed to concentrate on extending and reworking existing poo poo, instead of my old curse of just constantly starting new stuff.

1. Fantasy. Started as just a short story, but then exploded into an entire setting. I'll keep working on this to see where it goes. Current stat is ca. 8064 words, 2412 words written this month.

2. Science Fiction. I keep working on this since forever. One of my oldest projects, and I also keep rewriting things because I have a real problem with changing my mind constantly. In March, this text blew up into 15033 words. Of which, 7795 words were written in this single month alone.

This makes the total for March 2024: 10207 words.

Man, this was far too close. I'm also running into the problem how to count editing my backlog of finished older stuff. Obviously, just counting words would give me bizarre cases where e.g. a 10k word text turns into an 8k text after extensive rework, and then I'd have written -2k words, which makes no sense. But keeping a proper tally of how many words I keep deleting/writing new seems like a lot of extra work.

Just declaring the entirety of the changed text to be the new word count sounds unethical to me, too. So I guess for April, I'll go with a compromise: I'll pledge 8000 words, to give myself a little buffer in which I can edit things.

Hopefully, this works out!