Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
On one hand it's a shame we didn't get a rematch, but on the other Shalltear would've just flicked his head off and asked a nearby zombie why he was acting as if she knew him. Cocytus at least gave him his due as a warrior. That's about the most anyone can hope for when going up against Nazarick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Cocytus refusing to walk past him and instead detouring an entire street was awesome.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Preechr posted:

Cocytus refusing to walk past him and instead detouring an entire street was awesome.

He is truly the best boy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad Renner and Climb got a happy ending. :sun:

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
The Disney Princess song was well earned.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Great end to a great season

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Shyrka posted:

The Disney Princess song was well earned.

lmao I was not expecting that bit, well played though.

I wonder how the production will go from here; ignoring the movie which will cover the Holy Kingdom bits that got skipped the anime has covered 14 volumes so far. Volumes 15 and 16 are a two-parter and IIRC the author has said volume 18 will end the series. Each season covers three volumes of material so it might be difficult to wring a full cour out of just adapting 15/16 for another season. Maybe 15/16/17 and then a second movie dedicated to the final volume? Granted I guess it also ultimately depends on how the last two volumes are ultimately structured. Either way I expect another multi-year break before season five.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
If they have any sense they'll just condense vols 15 and 16 into a couple of episodes to leave room for whatever the climax is in the final LNs. I tried reading them and gave up, they're just so loving uneventful and boring.

Diephoon posted:

s4 e12

drat i was not expecting to watch blue roses beat up lakyus like that but it made complete sense afterward
It doesn't at all. Evileye could have just said "I will teleport us somewhere important for the capital's defence" and instead gone somewhere nice and safe outside the kingdom. They could have just lied to Lakyus instead of beating her up :xd:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao

https://i.imgur.com/HKv5sGn.mp4

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

We can be endearing and evil.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Mare trying his best and Disney princess song were great (evil) fun

Was the kind of out of place comment that Ainz made to Albedo while explaining the situation to the remaining nobles (Isn't that right, Albedo?) just there so later they can do the "Wow! Ainz knew he was being watched and wanted to further convince the enemy that Albedo is really the player!!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I thought it was to hint that she had unfinished business with that letcherous bastard who hosed the country up but that works too

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

ah that makes sense even though it was odd he did it in front of the humans

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GloomMouse posted:

ah that makes sense even though it was odd he did it in front of the humans
"Hey guys, I pretty much hosed this whole place up in an afternoon right?"

'y-yes ainz-sama!!'

"Right. And opposing me would be pretty stupid right"

'no doubt, Lord Ainz, this proves that the Sorcerer Kingdom is not to be taken lightly!!'

"cool, cool. Well I'm done so why don't you 9...8 guys here just portion up what's left and administer it as vassals of mine. Oh, and Albedo, don't you have to go murder someone that thought it would be fun to pull one over on us? Sweet. Oh but yeah, you guys... rule as you see fit, give me some taxes and food or whatever. Just don't be incredible idiots and make me kick your poo poo in again"

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Being explicit about it is what I'd expect tbh, but it was during the end credits so moving along to Albedo having fun with him is a better use of screentime imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah, but Yggdrasil is shut down, so Ainz was probably the last one. Unless its players from a private server.

Skeleton Knight in Another World sortof ended up with the MC defeating a Ainz standin pretty much
The Lich Pope was an isekai guy who had gone crazy after hundreds of years and was treating the world just like a game (also with suppressed emotions), then when the MC showed up with a character and even more crazy over the top powers from a different game it just blew his mind.
In the end the MC beat him by hitting him with a potion that turned him back into a human and the unblocked mental trauma from everything he did overwhelmed him