Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I mean sure why not store the platic bottle of presumably flammable materials right on top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Did this... mess cause that huge fuckin' burn mark on the outside of the house?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm halfway tempted to contact the realtor and ask if the price listed is what I'm being offered to take on the house.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Aquaman was a really fun watch. It was basically a 12 year old's platonic ideal of a comic book movie.

AND THEN THEY RIDE SHARKS INTO BATTLE AND THERE ARE CRAB PEOPLE AND KAIJU AND A HOT REDHEAD :awesome:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It was much better than I expected, but sorry, Momoa cannot act or deliver lines.

Fantastic as Khal Drogo tho

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

I mean sure why not store the platic bottle of presumably flammable materials right on top?

It actually looks like lighter fluid.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

not caring here posted:

Did this... mess cause that huge fuckin' burn mark on the outside of the house?

Lines up. Which probably did interesting things to the deck that used to be right above that scorch mark.

Now that I think about it, that's the only fireplace that I can see any ventilation for.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The corner fireplaces look electric, the freestanding one is probably a ventless gas.

Godholio posted:

It actually looks like lighter fluid.

That's a pretty standard charcoal lighter fluid bottle. And that's a knockoff starter log next to it. E: is that a pistol case behind it attached to the wall?

That land isn't worth anywhere near that money. It's pretty common to see land prices around there float between $1-3k/acre. It's high desert scrub. If you figure in a well/septic setup, that's maybe $50k sale price. Maybe. Depending on who dug either/both.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 31, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

District 9 is on Netflix and I forgot how good this movie was

Holds up pretty well

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E: is that a pistol case behind it attached to the wall?

I think it's a flare gun case judging by the cutout I think I see.

Gotta call for help when your roof blows off/battery array melts down/chimney starts the house on fire

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's no way that house wasn't built by the owner, or at least the vast majority of it. My parent's house had a wood burning stove installed in the mid-2000s by a professional HVAC company certified to install the unit they had.

I think...I think this guy used the wrong ductwork. The stuff at my parent's house was cast iron just like the unit. The only time there was anything shiny was when it was outside.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You can use double wall aluminum pipe on those stoves, but those probably aren't double-walled. And only vertically, so it doesn't deform any elbows and create a leak. Heat doesn't really like to make 90° turns.

There's a grow op in a converted house near the remote site my company runs. They have a wood burning fireplace and use the hell out of it. They burn any wood they can find, including treated pallet wood and random dimensional lumber. Smells like a loving house fire every time I drive by. Their chimney goes straight up out the roof though.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 31, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah now that I think about it I remember it being a black matching cast iron pipe till outside, then a 90 degree bend made of aluminum, then aluminum piping up the side of the house.

If you burn treated wood indoors you're going to get turbocancer though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They burn everything there, apparently. This is an industry that burns sulfur to control bugs. I'm sure they really care about their lungs.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It was much better than I expected, but sorry, Momoa cannot act or deliver lines.

Fantastic as Khal Drogo tho

Man if you're expecting good acting out of Jason Momoa in a movie titled Aquaman, I don't know what to tell you.

Movie was fun as hell to watch though , which was a big shock since it's a DC movie.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Trip report; Bandersnatch is pretty awesome for all the ways it likes to gently caress with you for choosing to engage in it and the mirror, if you will, it holds up to the environment surrounding it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The Rat posted:

Movie was fun as hell to watch though , which was a big shock since it's a DC movie.

Anybody who goes to see loving AQUAMAN with higher expectations than that is a loving idiot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did some sous vide ribeyes tonight and tried mayonnaise to sear for the first time and holy poo poo they turned out so good

But now I really do need to get that vent fan installed in the kitchen because I smoked out the whole drat house

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Of course my wife and I Uber home and some drunk gently caress hits my car while left overnight

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dashcams, man. Mine was $50~ and turns on when someone hits your car hard enough. It caught one of my jackass neighbors clipping my mirror the other night. Of course I went and pushed both of his mirrors forward on his truck, because gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Happy New Year!