Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

kensei posted:

I have an exception from the janitors, please do the needful

I'll schedule the production change for 3pm on a Friday then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
My last client scheduled the final (and largest) prod push of the year right before everyone at their site and ours went on vacation for the rest of the year.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

[SPAM] FW: RE: The logs could do with a courtesy flush FINAL(2).DO_NOT_USE.doc.bmp

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

bobmarleysghost posted:

We just finished a network overhaul, replaced some 10-20 year old cisco switches, still running, in a filthy factory setting where any surface has a healthy coat of plastic dust, surviving tons of reboots/power outages.
My experience with them has been absolutely solid.

Many running old rear end firmware too.

I used them all the time in schools. Whenever one died there were always more old-rear end Ciscos floating around the school system and you could get a replacement within about an hour or so.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Kurieg posted:

[SPAM] FW: RE: The logs could do with a courtesy flush FINAL(2) - USE THIS ONE.doc.bmp

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Our Cisco gear has been very reliable. I have issues with the pricing and licensing, and a coworker has had issues with software bugs and TAC, but the overall experience has been pretty good. The world is still largely Cisco-first, so third-party stuff generally supports them, and they have some proprietary stuff that's good. We've had failures here and there, but we have a pretty large install base, so it's to be expected occasionally. Their documentation is pretty terrible, like most vendors; they like to explain in detailed technical terms what a feature does and give you line-by-line instructions for doing it, but not tell you what it's for or why you might want to enable it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All top-tier network stuff is broadly good - you're not going to get bug-free software and different companies are better with their approach to support etc. It's when you have someone come along and propose replacing everything with UniFi that you have a good laugh.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

My beef with Cisco support is having to output a show-tech 3 different times to 3 different people before the TAC case actually goes anywhere.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

BaseballPCHiker posted:

My beef with Cisco support is having to output a show-tech 3 different times to 3 different people before the TAC case actually goes anywhere.

And crash files

and tracelogs

and random outputs in addition to the show tech (for the wrong version of IOS)

Then for the RCA they point to a single line from the logs.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 30, 2022

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Cisco's problems have nothing to do with route/switch and everything to do with literally anything they've done besides that. gently caress you Cisco Cloud Center you rank piece of poo poo

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

i am a moron posted:

Cisco's problems have nothing to do with route/switch and everything to do with literally anything they've done besides that. gently caress you Cisco Cloud Center you rank piece of poo poo

We recently encountered a bug where smart licensing was causing CPU failovers on equipment.

And of course, every time the CPU failed over, it broke something. 2-3 times a day until we just turned off smart licensing.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Renegret posted:

I missed the follow up to my own joke.

I have put shame upon my family

Speaking of Office Space:

Inspired by ‘Office Space’ film, Washington software engineer steals over $300K from employer

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Another winner from the "My Crimes.doc" department.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Should have said inspired by Superman III

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

New thread for a new year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020965