Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines posted:

what if ur leftovers were on the internet?

i would still forget about them and get Korean instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

finally, we can use technology to find out once and for all, who dealt it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Plank Walker posted:

finally, we can use technology to find out once and for all, who dealt it

and monetize it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

and monetize it

if you don't pay it's you who farted

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

if you don't pay it's you who farted

:eyepop:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
original startup idea do not steal!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

does anyone else miss when ces was just goofy poo poo like a tv shaped like a dog or whatever and not all this iot crap

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

bring back the polar bear tvs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what if ur tv was a dog, but on the internet?

also it records everything you say and has a camera in it and we use it to sell you to advertisers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it will eventually be hacked and used to bring down the internet on the eastern seaboard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FCKGW posted:

bring back the polar bear tvs

whatever happened to that brand anyway? i feel like they had a big marketing push in north america like a decade ago, then disappeared

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Oh look! Ford is taking its engineering talent and building a cool new thing!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/11/16880358/ford-ojo-electric-scooter-range-price-ces-2018

*squints*

they’ve moved on to badge engineering a loving e-bike

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

seems like something purpose built for touristy fleet vehicles

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
san francisco's bike share program is ford-branded

i assume ford closes sales because once somebody climbs SF's hills on a bicycle they are suddenly much more amenable to car ownership

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I live in San Francisco and ride a bike and drive stick. Come at me

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Heel-toe all day errday.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I deal a lot with auto manufacturers and Jesus Christ are they out of touch with their customers + up SV’s rear end

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I deal a lot with auto manufacturers and Jesus Christ are they out of touch with their customers + up SV’s rear end

whod have guessed an entire industry that bankrupted itself a decade ago isnt well run

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

man only 8 pages. CES really has gone downhill.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

actual important consumer electronic products get their own rollout events and press conferences. new apple doodads, new galaxy phone, new google whatever.

ces is the dumping ground for products not important enough to bother holding an event for

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

just pretend i posted a sharper image catalog with the letters IOT inserted into the text at random

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

just pretend i posted a sharper image catalog with the letters IOT inserted into the text at random

how do i get my VC money to you?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

there's probably tons of hilarious garbage out there, just no one reports on it because all anyone focuses on are the big companies with large presentations.

anyway i reached into the CES pit and found some golden nuggets of corn:

a $300 baby lotion dispenser:

this uh, scent...thing...

quote:

now Moodo is showing it off at CES 2018. It works exactly as advertised, letting you use your smartphone or tablet to select and activate different scents in your home,
It's available now for $189 with 12 scented capsules, and each pack of four after that will cost you $29.

GE made a 27" tablet you bolt above your stove. it even has a camera pointed at the stovetop so you can tweet your cooking??

$499 wireless earbuds made from melted illegal firearms seized in south america :stare:

a $4000 treadmill with a tv bolted to it. it should be noted that peloton's exercise bikes require a monthly subscription :lol:

quote:

Shopping for fresh produce online has always been a bit of a gamble, since you're not actually selecting the fruits and veggies yourself. Santa Clara, California–based startup Robomart aims to change that by bringing online produce shopping to your front door.
The company is currently awaiting its Autonomous Vehicle Testing Permit from the California DMV but expects to have it soon and plans to launch a pilot program in the Bay Area this summer.
gently caress OFF

force feedback isn't enough we need to give gamers a blowjob

quote:

Vortx is ridiculous. It's a cube that you place on your desk, next to your PC or laptop, and it blows hot or cold air in your face, depending on what's happening on-screen.

a $150 thermal printer that prints sticky notes

and finally, this weird rear end thing asus crapped out. supposed to cover up the bezels of monitors in multi-monitor setups

quote:

There are no filters, software or effects at play here: It's simply an optical device that refracts light around the monitors' plastic edges.

HAPPY CES EVERYONE SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lmao at those monitors

gamers are trash

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the sticky note printer thing reminds me of the harmless stupid gadgets like the chumby and the regular small printer instead of the new stuff that takes pictures of your gonads and forwards them to jeff bezos

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
gaming crystals

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

FMguru posted:

actual important consumer electronic products get their own rollout events and press conferences. new apple doodads, new galaxy phone, new google whatever.

ces is the dumping ground for products not important enough to bother holding an event for

yeah but I mean where are the Zolls, the lovely hollywood directors walking off stage mid-speech, the dancing 'cyber generation kids' talking about texting in 5 year old slang? CES used to be quality point-and-laugh-at-it entertainment.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

LastInLine posted:

whod have guessed an entire industry that bankrupted itself a decade ago isnt well run

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaAwo276Bxk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

every time i see one of those i want them to turn off the camera layer so that we can see only the data that the car is actually reacting to -- floating green rectangles in an endless black void

i think that would be a good way to get people thinking about how "smart" these vehicles really are

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
it’s not an autonomous car until it can navigate a Costco parking lot on a Sunday without killing someone

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it should also mark where the computer thinks the street is

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jimmy Carter posted:

it’s not an autonomous car until it can navigate a Costco parking lot on a Sunday without killing someone

buddy, thats not even a normal human being

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

every time i see one of those i want them to turn off the camera layer so that we can see only the data that the car is actually reacting to -- floating green rectangles in an endless black void

i think that would be a good way to get people thinking about how "smart" these vehicles really are

i get to see this a lot and it's p neat but yeah it would definitely scare normies

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

if you think about it real world is just a monte-carlo search for adversarial inputs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

SO DEMANDING posted:

gently caress OFF

force feedback isn't enough we need to give gamers a blowjob

i'm imagining this world where wealthier folks are followed around by these things and everyone else has to chase after them.

• Locked thread