Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

what's up with the red clue glow? I've had it not work several times when people are right there like this.

https://i.imgur.com/eKBVpvn.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

what's up with the red clue glow? I've had it not work several times when people are right there like this.

The range is not super far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxQ4U13e3XQ&t=128s (note that this is from a bit older version of the game, but I think most of the stuff in here still applies).

Varkas fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 3, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.huntshowdown.com/news/hunt-what-s-next-and-an-exclusive-teaser

gently caress yeah, Winchester 1887

also a Large (or potentially Medium) ammo Winfield

Basticle fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 4, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

was about to be all "oh for fucks sake ANOTHER winchester" but it's a shotgun

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

was about to be all "oh for fucks sake ANOTHER winchester" but it's a shotgun

lol check my edit

*edit*

unrelated, this is good and cool https://chaoshunter.herokuapp.com/

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 4, 2020

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I know the next map they're working on got leaked (I think?) but a partially flooded urban area New Orleans style would be loving insane and perfect.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

I know the next map they're working on got leaked (I think?) but a partially flooded urban area New Orleans style would be loving insane and perfect.

it somehow takes them 2 years per map so you'll be waiting a while

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

just had either the creepiest or most blessed game ever....we spawn on what's ultimately the opposite end of the map from the target, work our way all the way up there, do not see or hear a single sign of another player. map's absolutely quiet the whole way.

still all quiet in the boss room, when we notice that the butcher already has just a sliver of health left and there's a single dead player in there.

Who has ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Then we went all the way to one of those extremely distant extracts without seeing a single other sign of life. for some reason my teammate only got 50 dollars from the player. I like free money as much as the next person but still, what the hell? what determines how much money you get from a dead player? and does it ever just start a game with far less than 12 players?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

what determines how much money you get from a dead player?

pretty sure it's completely random

quote:

and does it ever just start a game with far less than 12 players?

It happens far less frequently than it used to, but it still happens sometimes.

Last night I got killed by a twitch streamer, which isn't unusual. However right before he killed me he loving TK'd his partner with a frag bomb so I alt-tabbed out to go load up his stream. Right as the loving twitch ads ended I got to watch his POV as my partner knifed him in the face and he absolutely raged at how bad the nagant officer is because it didnt kill my partner and then he alt-tabbed and loaded up his replay of it and went over it like the loving Zapruder film, looking at each of his hits.

Unfortunately I can't link anyone to this because his non-live videos are Subscriber only for some reason, even though he has no viewers.

It was extreme schad

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 6, 2020

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

and does it ever just start a game with far less than 12 players?

If the matchmaking bar fills up all the way it means you're getting put in a server with less than 12 though there's no way to tell how many. The matchmaking timer used to be like 3 minutes or something and they changed it to be 30 seconds or so which is annoying as poo poo cause I'd much rather wait longer than get put in a match with like 4 other people :argh:

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
I am utterly perplexed by Quickplay. As someone who is really not particularly good at this game, my record stands at 3 wins 1 loss, with a total of 1 kill to my name, and the loss coming due to getting killed by PvE (again, not particularly good at this game).

I got the wellspring first in all three wins. First win, hide in compound, listen to fighting outside coming closer over the next few minutes, and a guy finally steps inside with like 10 seconds left, and we end up awkwardly staring at each other like 5 meters apart, shotguns drawn, as time expired. Second win, I hear some distant PVP right as I activate the wellspring, and like 5 seconds later I get the message that I'm the last man standing. Third win played out just like the first, only I got the shotgunning off in time.

Is that just how Quickplay goes? I mean, I dig the free leveled up dudes, but I'll be damned if that final holdout isn't the most stressful 3 minutes in any game I'll ever play.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Friends and I ran the gauntlet at two bounties next to each other. I died and got burned to Super Dead but one friend clutched it, and they go to leave with both bounties.

Right on the extreme edge, they notice the last group camping the extract, having not made a single sound the entire game. So my friends book it alllll the way across the map to the other extracts and I guess the campers didn't notice. Extracted with plenty of time and the last group wasted 30 minutes camping for literally nothing.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Death On Toast posted:

I am utterly perplexed by Quickplay. As someone who is really not particularly good at this game, my record stands at 3 wins 1 loss, with a total of 1 kill to my name, and the loss coming due to getting killed by PvE (again, not particularly good at this game).

I got the wellspring first in all three wins. First win, hide in compound, listen to fighting outside coming closer over the next few minutes, and a guy finally steps inside with like 10 seconds left, and we end up awkwardly staring at each other like 5 meters apart, shotguns drawn, as time expired. Second win, I hear some distant PVP right as I activate the wellspring, and like 5 seconds later I get the message that I'm the last man standing. Third win played out just like the first, only I got the shotgunning off in time.

Is that just how Quickplay goes? I mean, I dig the free leveled up dudes, but I'll be damned if that final holdout isn't the most stressful 3 minutes in any game I'll ever play.

You have to remember, Quickplay still has the AI enemies and if you're not careful/properly equipped you can end up getting killed through a mistake. I'll never forget the time I ran into 2 packs of hellhounds once, and proceeded to run out of stamina and die in shame and dishonor.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

1.4.8 is on the test server already https://steamcommunity.com/games/770720/announcements/detail/2898593057592279986

Some of the hunting blinds are being replaced by Watch Towers

quote:

Leaderboard

Player will be shown on the leaderboard only if they meet all those conditions:
Logged in within the last 30 days.
Have at least 100 kills in Quickplay or 100 Kills or Assist in Bounty Hunt.
Didn't opt out from showing their stats publicly.
Not banned.
Played at least 50 hours.

:sickos:

also a Nagant Carbine Deadeye, holy shiiiit

Basticle fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 8, 2020

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/sx2uwp

This is why you don't bring all three people into the boss room when you think you're alone.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

htose patch note changes look really good. I hope all that stuff makes it into the main game

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/6ewqu7

:psyduck:

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Why you gotta bully the deaf and blind community?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That is really slick because your environmental audio always sounds behind you a little bit so it's easy to tune it out.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

1.4.8 is live

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/594650/view/2904223191322966623

also new Ronin DLC

Basticle fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 14, 2020

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

patch seems good, kinda wish thtey didn't nerf the antidote shot since I liked those cheesy free spider kills but whatever. we love the cowboys, folks

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The OP is several years out of date, I'm working on making a new thread (will post in the next couple of days), I need thread title ideas.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Movin' through the country, gonna shoot a lot of leeches

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

drat Girl, You Got 'Gator Legs

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hunt: Showdown - Swamp Death: The Musical
Hunt: Showdown - Louisiana has Never Looked Better
Hunt: Showdown - The Devil Went Down To Louisiana And Said gently caress That
Hunt: Showdown - O Romero, Romero, wherefore art thou Romero?
Hunt: Showdown - Dolch de leche, an expensive treat

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
I propose keeping it simple: "Bayou Boys"

or "The game crytek will never market"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qidv5nu1jTg

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Today, the first day of the event, you can only earn 200 points in game with 300 additional from Twitch. Tomorrow you can go to 400, and so on. Day 5 and beyond your points aren't limited. Once you get the daily cap, any excess gifts or clues you pick up translate to 50xp for a gift and 200 for a clue, for whatever Hunter you're using.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Thread title should be that guy on the leaderboard 1.0 -- end of hunt forever or whatever it was.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
that was 1.4.4 = DEATH OF HUNT iirc

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

red river romero rustlers

Orv
May 4, 2011

Basticle posted:

The OP is several years out of date, I'm working on making a new thread (will post in the next couple of days), I need thread title ideas.

Do Bayou Crime, Do Bayou Time

Third Party, First Place

A More Elegant BR For A Less Civilized Age

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the christmas menu theme is extremely good

I just had a game where I was sneaking around a boss building with red whispers, snuck right by a creepy doll head positioned along the crawlspace I was going through, and it scared me so much while being exactly the same shape as a player's head I very nearly blasted it and told the world where I was

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 17, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I made this but might only be hilarious to my friends and I

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!
Oh hey! Despite having no real idea what was going on, I had a great time playing with Mike / Deathontoast and Really Buff Rat, and even was able to score some hits on humans!

A question: Does permadeath kick in at level 10, 11, or 16? Different sources give different information, and I just hit level 10...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dave47 posted:

Oh hey! Despite having no real idea what was going on, I had a great time playing with Mike / Deathontoast and Really Buff Rat, and even was able to score some hits on humans!

A question: Does permadeath kick in at level 10, 11, or 16? Different sources give different information, and I just hit level 10...

Pretty sure this happens at level 10, at least we assumed it did and retired our characters when we hit 10. I would suggest doing the same to get a pile of exp for the character, it's a very nice boost and can jump you straight to level 18 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

new thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952199