Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing some non Undertale part ran afoul of a copyright law that New Japan couldn't clear given that Kenny seems not too mad this isn't getting used. It's also probably too long for an intro TBH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Just watching the video I was like "this is way too long for a pre-entrance hype video", like at most you're gonna be putting things in a ninety-second spot there. It wouldn't surprise me if Kenny knew it was too long when they finished it but thought "well I am one of their golden boys, maybe they'll go with it".

Kenny was chill with his idea last year not even getting made (a whole "God of Wrestling" thing involving multiple large crowds turning and bowing to him or whatever, he explains it on the Talk is Jericho where he and Chris just talk about the match they had like... 24 hours prior?) because priorities are all over the place this time of year for both New Japan and Bushiroad.

He probably figures he was just lucky they made the Infinity War one for Dominion.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Everdraed posted:

You're welcome!!

**sadly un-crosses off 'make a ridiculous wrestling intro that gets aired before a main event' from bucket list**

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and another year of wrestlin' intro opportunities! in any case this was a lotta fun puttin' together, glad to see people diggin' it

Yo that was great. Awesome job!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Cameo posted:

Just watching the video I was like "this is way too long for a pre-entrance hype video", like at most you're gonna be putting things in a ninety-second spot there. It wouldn't surprise me if Kenny knew it was too long when they finished it but thought "well I am one of their golden boys, maybe they'll go with it".

Kenny was chill with his idea last year not even getting made (a whole "God of Wrestling" thing involving multiple large crowds turning and bowing to him or whatever, he explains it on the Talk is Jericho where he and Chris just talk about the match they had like... 24 hours prior?) because priorities are all over the place this time of year for both New Japan and Bushiroad.

He probably figures he was just lucky they made the Infinity War one for Dominion.

Infinity War one?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Infinity War one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kyPSs_dJRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xp9lAxdirs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Kenny's video at WK11 was pretty long, tbh.

Also, :lol: that last year nobody made his God of Wrestling thing, so they just re-used Okada's intro from WK11 instead, set to Kenny's music. He's building up a streak of something going wrong with his WK intro videos.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Infinity War one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWl7kjK_8A

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

VJeff posted:

Kenny's video at WK11 was pretty long, tbh.

It's a minute forty-five:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEi6rG0TjEw

But yeah, I remember when Kenny's entrance video started for WK12 and I was like "hey wait a loving second here"

But Naito and Okada got cool vids so oh well

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

But Naito and Okada got cool vids so oh well

Naito's video was this super dramatic culmination of his entire career that made it very clear this was the most important moment of his life.

Then Okada's was just him getting suited up to go to his 4th Tokyo Dome main event and 6th Tokyo Dome IWGP Championship match in a row, like it was just another day for him.

Wonder if those themes wound up playing into the match at all.........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

2018 is over in Japan and the wrestlekingdom thread is up. Will be in Japan but will still try to get a new yearly thread up after NYD

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878447