Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I like short movies. Here's some I've seen:

The Birch

4 min. | horror | Directors/Writers: Ben Franklin, Anthony Melton | 2017

A bullied boy summons help with a special talisman.

Thresher

7 min | horror | Director Mike Diva | 2014

A man obsessed with a mysterious door finds new motivation for unlocking it.

Judge Minty

27 min | action | Director Steven Sterlacchini | 2013

In the future, retirement for an officer means bringing justice to the wasteland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Birch is pretty cool, and I keep seeing it pop up. There's buzz about a full-length movie. It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see them get to do a larger project, maybe like a 30 minute short.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The Passer-By

17 min | silent, drama | Dir. Oscar Apbel, Scen. Marion Brooks | 1912

On the eve of a bachelor party, and with one chair open, a group of rich socialites decide to invite the first passer-by off the street to join them for dinner. Afterwards, they encourage their humble guest to share his story, which turns out to intersect with the host's own life.

https://letterboxd.com/film/the-passer-by/crew/

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Music of Erich Zann
18 min. | 1980 | horror | dir. John Strysik

This story revolves around a student of metaphysics, Charles Dexter Ward who befriends Erich Zann an ageing violinist who lives on the floor above him. Charles is fascinated and then drawn to Zann’s sinister yet wonderful music that he hears late at night drifting down from above.

One of the better H.P. Lovecraft adaptations.

• Locked thread