Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

I'll split you open and I don't even like coconuts.
Removed for submission.

MartingaleJack fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

Removed for submission.

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

Removed for submission.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I chuckled a couple times and the concept is okay, but the narrator's constant and vocal horniness isn't so much humorous as it is annoying. Surely there is a way to make it quippy without making the narrator sound like someone out of an erotic fanfic?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey, I read the piece and enjoyed it.

Grammar
Look up Dialogue Tags, you have a few lines of dialogue that go "Dialogue," he said. "Dialogue." It should go "Dialogue," he said, "Dialogue."

Story
It's short, feel-good, comedy piece that lands most of its jokes. I agree with Sitting Here, the hornyness of the main protagonist grates after a while. I do like how the protagonist is featureless, we don't know if they are male or female (And it doesn't matter).

The subject you discuss makes giving criticism a bit awkward. The piece, fortunately, doesn't get preachy, that isn't the right word for it, but it definitely comes off as "I am here to tech you things." That's not bad, and the piece is humorous enough to distract. I probably lean a bit conservative in my politics, and didn't trip over anything. The line "“This confirms that gender is a social construct," (She immediately writes down) was the most awkward line in the story(I thought it was a joke, the way it was written).

I think this is a good story, and you have a definite audience in mind.

The draw
Every story has a draw, something to make the reader continue reading. Yours is definitely not the consequence or the protagonist facing a choice. Rather you went for the event, or the idea of your story.

I wish you hadn't said it was Gender Scifi in your subject because that makes judging your draw harder to do. Should have left it as a surprise, so that the first line really could of sank in. Though, I haven't read anything like this before.

I think the first line does a good job of explaining what the reader is getting setup, but I would get some second opinions and don't mention the piece is gender sci-fi comedy.

Overall
A great piece that can handle humour and its politically charged idea. Needs another lookover for grammar, but I did enjoy reading this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

Thanks to both of you. I'll see if I can do a draft with a less annoying POV.

Edit: Removed for submission

MartingaleJack fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 30, 2018

• Locked thread