Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I occasionally remember previously hyped, stupid, or controversial games and events that just seem funny in retrospect.

Examples that stand out to me:

The PS3's original boomerang controller:

The Okami Wii coverart having IGN's watermark on it:

Ken Kutaragi saying that he wanted consumers to want to get another job to buy a PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
Remember back when the Xbone and PS4 were just being announced for release and Microsoft wanted to restrict used games, then Sony did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
When EA brought the NFL license, killing the ESPN 2K series or any potential competitors.

2K tried their hands with a spiritual series but apparently it didn't work out:

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
wow this new and exciting discussion pushed all the way to page 7

• Locked thread