Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Kill La Kill's Weird Sex Stuff
Almost All Good
Mostly Good
Neutral
Mostly Bad
Almost All Bad
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wouldn't even say the early episodes repeat the ovas, episode 1 and 3 follow a sort of similar structure but they're still pretty different overall and episode 2 is entirely its own thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I liked all of LWA TV very much, and I liked the second half even more than the first.

I could be wrong about this but I feel like most of the people who didn't like aspects of the show, most notably the swath of episodic . . . uh episodes in between the plot-heavy ones, were mostly suffering from a case of wrong expectations. I think some people wanted the show to feel more like the OVAs with one central driving goal for the characters and very little fluff, so when they got 25 episodes of a genuine children's show with plenty of digressions from moving the plot forward they were a bit disappointed (even though it's really drat good IMO and I put it as my #3 for anime of the year).

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Namtab posted:

I put it to you that kill la kill would probably be more fondly remembered if it were just some two season anime by jc or Deen instead of the first full length anime by trigger.

I put it to you that Kill la Kill would probably be more fondly remembered if it didn't revolve around 16 year old schoolgirls getting naked and the antagonist fondling her daughter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The latter yeah, the former eh

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
the former is why all my hype dried up as soon as the character art came out and I saw those outfits lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
LWA is the bomb. It's like the best song in your heart to keep you strong. It was fun and, without wanting to sound like a corny goof, it got chuckles out of me when I badly needed them.

Namtab posted:

When I see what tag I think of my legacy
One helluva legacy. :golfclap:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's not corny or goofy, LWA is legit awesome and I'm glad it helped :)

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

I put it to you that Kill la Kill would probably be more fondly remembered if it didn't revolve around 16 year old schoolgirls getting naked and the antagonist fondling her daughter.

I could not agree more. KLK had some really good animation and great spots but the sexual aspects really took away from it as a whole.

Hidden references are good though.

:allears:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Burrito's hype got wet again when art of Gamagoori in those outfits came out

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

the horny in this show is extremely uneven and I will not support it

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

HEY! Your avatar put a shirt on! :mad:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I'm going to the ER so the Simulwatch is probably cancelled

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I hope you get well soon Eela. :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dang. Well, get better, boyee. :)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So can we safely say KLK is so bad it sent someone to the hospital now?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Julias posted:

I hope you get well soon Eela. :(

This :(

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I am no longer in a hospital but as I can't sit or stand I'm in no position to figure out this Simulwatch malarkey. If someone else wants to pick up the mantle I will catch up next week, of otherwise we'll figure it out later.

Ed: and honestly thank you all so much for your expression of care. It warms my heart to know that internet anime weirds give a poo poo about me :unsmith:

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
I could only stand a half of all episodes)

• Locked thread