Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

nielsm posted:

Huh I thought things seem to be reaching a conclusion, but apparently this is a 24 episode show.

...really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%88%80%E4%BD%BF%E3%83%8E%E5%B7%AB%E5%A5%B3#BD_/_DVD
Yeah, there are release dates for DVDs/BDs containing 24 episodes in total.

No idea where this is going, because it sure feels like we're right before the final battle. Maybe the second half will be the tournament arc we missed out on :v:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

wow, poor pink hair girl :smith:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
wtf someone actually karked it

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm gonna guess they will lose to Origami and the world will get hosed up with aradama everywhere. Can't really think of anything else they could do for 12 more episodes barring some kind off the wall twist.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm guessing it will be sword girls in space

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Really good sword fights this week.

Neat thing you'll probably miss unless you're a robot or going frame by frame: dead mom passes her sword between hands behind her back during her first exchange.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah the final battle was pretty good. Too bad next week is a recap episode. Wonder if there is going to be a new villain or just every-day life type of stuff for the later half, dealing with the aftermath. Maybe they will finally go to school like in the opening (I'm assuming they're walking to school in that one scene).

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Unlike other anime made to advertise a mobile game. This anime made to advertise a mobile game actually really good somehow.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I started watching this with my boyfriend as what was supposed to be our seasonal trash anime. I mean with a description that is pretty much "girls in school uniforms fight demons with swords" you could see where one could make that mistake. But it actually tried to tell a story and ended up being somewhat compelling.

We just finished episode 12 and are taking a break until next time. I enjoyed it so far and I hope it doesn't just use that as a setup for monsters of the week or whatever for the second half. Sword fights between people are a lot more interesting

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Yeah show's good, it's all about interpersonal drama, though i found the first cour's villain underwhelming in the end because her motivations are imprecise.

I like the conflict being set up in the second cour, where a faction thinks they can remove the entire raison d'etre of the Toji system, without any kind of the creepy undertones setting them up as villains, which feels sorta uncommon for this genre of action stories. You end up rooting for them dismantling the status quo from within.

The mc basically being a fightfreak is sorta amusing when she comes in contact with the average Toji. And she's a nice enough person that she'd be okay hanging up her sword.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The sword fights are also really good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really like part 2 now that they finally explained what's up with the 3 goddesses.

It's funny how bad they are at dealing with humans, especially Ichikishima being so cheerful and enthusiastic about merging humans with aradama while everyone looks on in disgust. I hope we see more of her and Takiri.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its cool how the bad guys are basically meiji era revanchists but cmon protagonist side, put out the security camera footage of tagitsu raiding toji's doing their jobs for magic juice, or the time she and a bunch of brainwashed ayanokouji goons starting a shooting war

they want to do something unexpected and go public and make a big power play, well that's a loving mistake because an opponent can easily counterattack and stove their faces in

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I wasn't prepared for the demons winning the PR war

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
fox news exists

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
well this ep certainly stepped up its game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It's okay, someone will diss mint chocolate chip ice cream and Hiyori will come back with an "umm actually", right? :ohdear:

• Locked thread