Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I'll just wait for the announcement they fixed it.

At least I got to Servants level 100 last night and I am now a cool skeleton. 😎

Excellent. I'm looking forward to hour glassing this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I'm on the last stretch of that, somewhat: just hit 70 with the Servants.

They need to buff hourglass rep to GnG levels as standard, honestly, it's soul crushing otherwise.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Rare just "fixed" the buggy tracking for the legendary bottle quests....by lowering the requirement to just 1 bottle for the Seaglass Rapier. :geno:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Good

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Rare just "fixed" the buggy tracking for the legendary bottle quests....by lowering the requirement to just 1 bottle for the Seaglass Rapier. :geno:

Nice

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

glitchwraith posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJmXsdrOkYg

The preview event for 2024 ended, and included a lot of game changers. In summary:

Season 12: New tools. Two new weapons in a double-barrel flintlock and throwing knives. Scattershot for cannons that have short range, but do multiple small holes against a ship. New throwable that summons skeletons to fight for you, even on boats. New wind horn treasure that can propel ships and rowboats, knock around players, negate fall damage, and put out fires. Also, you'll be able to tightrope walk across harpoon lines! Also, ziplines are being added to many of the islands.

Season 13: Flameheart! And he comes with a new mega-ship that's a world event. Defeat it to take control of the ship, which comes with 10 cannons, forward facing fireball launchers, and a skeleton crew to help run everything. Once you have it you can voyage to skeleton camps for Orb of Secrets, and build up tribute to Flameheart that can be cashed in for gold. But, of course, everyone on the map will be fighting to take the ship from you.

Season 14: The "mischief season". More described than shown off. Will have new stealth options to assist in tucking on other ships. Will also introduce traps, and a grapple gun. The latter they showed off, making island traversal or boarding much, much easier.

These where a lot of fun. I kind of wish they made them a permanent part of the game somehow.

Edit: Forgot ziplines.

holy poo poo an actual update

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
many tools for sea hobos ftw

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I honestly can't wait to take over a giant ship with 5 Cannons and a flamethrower and sail around the map being a menace to everyone.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

The Beta for the Sea of Thieves on the Playstation starts on the 12th, for anyone interested. Taking part will give you an exclusive title and sail. Note these and the pre-order weapons and parrot for Playstation are exclusive to that console, even if you play on the same account across platforms. Which is disappointing. The Duke set is also becoming "exclusive, but as far as I can tell, this just means you can't use it while on Playstation.

Regarding the new OP, I've been working on it. I just need to hammer out the final draft.Will try to have that posted before Friday.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

There's also a new Gold & Glory weekend coming on April 19-22nd. 😎🌞

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Nice! Time to get on that hourglass grind again.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I sincerely hope I can finish my Guardians curse grind then and literally never ever play hourglass again.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I am close to getting the skeleton curse. Unfortunately, I really want the green bones, which requires a ridiculous amount of win streaks to unlock. Might actually force me to become competent at this game, if I ever achieve it. Will likely get the ghost curse before then.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

glitchwraith posted:

I am close to getting the skeleton curse. Unfortunately, I really want the green bones, which requires a ridiculous amount of win streaks to unlock. Might actually force me to become competent at this game, if I ever achieve it. Will likely get the ghost curse before then.

I want the green bones too but I never go for 4 streaks anymore :-/

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I want the green bones too but I never go for 4 streaks anymore :-/

I imagine. Feels like very few people are playing hourglass regularly, and the ones who are are among the sweatiest. It's just too much of a time investment for extremely grindy gameplay. The mode is in desperate need of some tweaking, though I couldn't say how.

Anyway, I'm probably not going to go for streaks regularly until I have the skeleton curse. A few of the other skelly parts I want require getting close to lvl 200, so I'll have a grind regardless.

Knight007au
May 8, 2007
Just started playing this again and wow there has been so much stuff added and changed its crazy reading though all the events that happened over the years make me feel like I missed out. do you think they will keep doing world changing events in the future or just add more weapons and equipment?

Also played though the Monkey Island story and being able to walk around on Melee and Monkey islands in full first person 3D was pretty amazing. Definitely nostalgia overdrive.

Knight007au fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 15, 2024

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Are there any open guild spots? I am not super active but I would be interested to get some help - just starting this game.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Knight007au posted:

Just started playing this again and wow there has been so much stuff added and changed its crazy reading though all the events that happened over the years make me feel like I missed out. do you think they will keep doing world changing events in the future or just add more weapons and equipment?

They will likely still have world and lore changing events, though I'm not sure what form that will take. For a little while they where rolling them as part of the time-limited Adventures, but those have been on pause for a while, and where a mixed-bag, gameplay wise. We know Season 13 will be heavily focused on Flameheart finally returning, with new Skeleton camps and the Burning Blade mechanic.

kri kri posted:

Are there any open guild spots? I am not super active but I would be interested to get some help - just starting this game.

I think you posted in the discord already, but to answer for anyone else, the main guild is currently full, but there is room in the backup. That said, you don't have to be in the guild to sail with goons, as the regulars in the discord are always happy to play with new players and show them the ropes. Guild membership just get's you a few extra cosmetics and access to the shared captaincy ships.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I am finally ready to make a new OP, but I need a good thread title. Current considerations...
  • The Other Goon Fleet
  • Rare Seamen
  • Property is Theft
  • Are there stairs in your boat?
  • All your loot are belong to us
  • Grand Theft Nautical

Open to other suggestions.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

glitchwraith posted:

I am finally ready to make a new OP, but I need a good thread title. Current considerations...
  • The Other Goon Fleet
  • Rare Seamen
  • Property is Theft
  • Grand Theft Nautical

Poopsocks on the poop deck

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

glitchwraith posted:

• The Other Goon Fleet
  • Rare Seamen
  • Property is Theft
  • Grand Theft Nautical

"It's not yours until it's sold"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

glitchwraith posted:

• The Other Goon Fleet
  • Rare Seamen
  • Property is Theft
  • Grand Theft Nautical

Cross-platform seamen

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

better down where it's wetter

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Lights on, sailor cosmetics.. must be a new thread

Perry Mason Jar fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 16, 2024

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Lights on, sailor cosmetics.. must be a new thread

Before captained ships, unmarked ships always had the possibility of being server hoppers. That's not really the case anymore though

Knight007au
May 8, 2007

Coq au Nandos posted:

Cross-platform seamen

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Done! New thread can be found here.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4058649&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post538970792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Hooray! Thanks for the new OP glitchwraith! 🥳