Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

FMguru posted:

amazon has those stupid lockers at 711s and whole foods and safeways for a reason

or just get a po box

amusingly amazon has a huge set of lockers in a public lobby in their skyscraper in manhattan

it's funny to be part of the riff-raff, watching rich motherfucker amzn employees try not to look at you

and also a little sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

a simple signature already served both these purposes

it's not like ups/fedex/usps are stupid

UPS no longer obtains signatures. My driver dumps stuff on the counter, waves and mushes the button with my name on his way out.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

here they just sign "your" name to the package, which kinda sucks if they bring you someone else's poo poo

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i was at whole foods not too long ago and some shipment dudes had peoples packages all over the ground. they were just throwing them in a pile from their truck

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
more like amazon crime

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Posted on a light pole at the amazon campus

sorry, you should have taken better care of your dev, it probably met it’s end at the beak of a ravenous seagull or crow

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Coffee Jones posted:

Posted on a light pole at the amazon campus

sorry, you should have taken better care of your dev, it probably met it’s end at the beak of a ravenous seagull or crow

The quotes around Reward are making me acutely nervous.

:ohdear:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Who wouldn't want to work for the nation's largest network of 5-star pet sitters and dog-walkers? It's like uber... but for pet sitters!

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

a simple signature already served both these purposes

it's not like ups/fedex/usps are stupid

amazon does not do restricted delivery normally

that means literally anyone can sign for your package

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/02/money-laundering-via-author-impersonation-on-amazon/

Amazon powerless in the face of the sophisticated money laundering technique of "self publish an ebook full of gibberish under a stolen identity."

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

so what stops me from writing a similar book with a similar title, adding it to the marketplace and skimming off the top of this scheme

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

flakeloaf posted:

so what stops me from writing a similar book with a similar title, adding it to the marketplace and skimming off the top of this scheme

nothing, as long as it doesn't violate the NAP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

mrmcd posted:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/02/money-laundering-via-author-impersonation-on-amazon/

Amazon powerless in the face of the sophisticated money laundering technique of "self publish an ebook full of gibberish under a stolen identity."

i love the mix of "you absolutely received this money" and "no we will not tell you where you received it"

• Locked thread