Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papa Was A Video Toaster

As a New Yorker I enjoy this slice of life documentary. It sure is set in my home, New York.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ptSoUjPa4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
hahaha wow it sure is great to be from new york. i sure do love living here in the city of apples

the unabonger

joke_explainer posted:

One thing us new yorkers love to do is to visit the grand pyramids of the ancient pharaohs. You worried about osiris measuring your heart against a feather to grant access to the afterlife? Fuhgetaboutit!! this is new york baby!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Ah man this thread takes me back. Seems like only yesterday I was taking the Tube into Grand Station, getting my first slice of a big honking New York style hot dog (drag it thru the garden!) and listening to the Home of Hip Hop HOT1057. Nowadays I just stay in my large house upstate where we got the big waterfall

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The commercial-free Summer, I was there and I remember it well when WAPP in New York tried (and failed) to pull off no commercials on the FM radio in 1982:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80UR19GHYLY

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Macnult

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Worse, Baltimore

Deadass?
:same:

Macnult

[Couple arguing in Tribeca]
Just another day in SoHo :rolleyes:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Does anybody remember having to tell non New Yorkers that it's pronounced Houseton otherwise they'd be saying SooHoo?

Macnult

The New York Yankees baseball cap. Sports folk think it's about a team, rappers think it's about trendy streetwear, but REAL New Yorkers know better. When you wear a New York Yankees baseball cap you're sending a message - one that shouts "im for sure from new york"

Macnult

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Does anybody remember having to tell non New Yorkers that it's pronounced Houseton otherwise they'd be saying SooHoo?

soohoo? fuhgeddaboudit!!

cda

by Hand Knit
My name is Duane. Duane Reade.

joke_explainer

darth_pizza posted:

Ah man this thread takes me back. Seems like only yesterday I was taking the Tube into Grand Station, getting my first slice of a big honking New York style hot dog (drag it thru the garden!) and listening to the Home of Hip Hop HOT1057. Nowadays I just stay in my large house upstate where we got the big waterfall

i love it

Farecoal

There he go
Hello. I am also from the Big Carrot. I like to say our famous catchphrases, like "Excuse sir/ma'am, I'm moving past you here". I eat pizza by the gallon, and I love to ride the train to the Monument of Liberty on the weekends. I guess I am just a large old stereotype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

I like the water. It's so pure and cold and fresh, I can't drink water from anywhere else. Fact. I leave the city, I die of dehydration.

• Locked thread