Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take the moon

by sebmojo
hurfy durfty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

We've been riffing on Humpty Dumpty for ten days now, guys. By now I really thought we'd be out of wisecracks(!!!!!)

Sig by Heather Papps

google THIS

alnilam posted:

Sentient eggman sits on a wall and some people slide a big bowl up to the bottom and humptys like uhh what are you doing and they're like umm nothing???

The king's men whisked him off to the hospital right away. I've never seen a whisk that big. (waggles eyebrows)

BoldFrankensteinMir

The king should have sent his game warden instead. That's the proper official to prevent...

...poaching.

Sig by Heather Papps

cda

by Hand Knit

albany academy posted:

One nation, over easy.

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
Horace Dimitri Eggcellent III was his name, but the cruel nickname from childhood followed him into death!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The king should have sent his game warden instead. That's the proper official to prevent...

...poaching.
though humpty dumpty was sentient, bipedal, and well-loved, when he died, in the eyes of a man he was still less than a man. troubling, yet rich with meaning. very true to life

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
oh wait I see, like a poached egg lol

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Cubone posted:

oh wait I see, like a poached egg lol

Lol

kalel

Egg people can be reincarnated if you eat their corpses, that's why they're called "food babies"

Duckbox

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Egg people can be reincarnated if you eat their corpses, that's why they're called "food babies"

This only works once though. Trust me.

ZogrimAteMyHamster

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Wait, why is he depicted as an egg if there's nothing in the rhyme about that? Is it because the image of a human falling off a wall and breaking irreparably would be horrifying? But why an egg???

Was about to say, at what point in the rhyme is it determined that Humpty Dumpty is an egg-man and how/why did that depiction get so popular?

Would make more sense if it was a statue or something, not a loving giant egg with a face.

cda

by Hand Knit

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Was about to say, at what point in the rhyme is it determined that Humpty Dumpty is an egg-man and how/why did that depiction get so popular?

Would make more sense if it was a statue or something, not a loving giant egg with a face.

One standard interpretation of the nursery rhyme is that it is a riddle. "Humpty Dumpty" was slang for a short, fat person. Obviously a person falling off a wall wouldn't break but an egg, which is also short and fat, would.

I would imagine that it was Through the Looking Glass which popularized the image of Humpty Dumpty as an egg but I bet that there are images pre-1872 as well.

BoldFrankensteinMir

The king's horses are coming from inside the house!!!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
do not look through lewis carroll's photo album.

DO NOT look through lewis carroll's photo album

cda

by Hand Knit

canyoneer posted:

do not look through lewis carroll's photo album.

DO NOT look through lewis carroll's photo album

do NOT follow him on instagram

----------------

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
I know "horse people" are all about their equestrian children having emotional bonds, animal telepathy, basic math skills, and indigo auras. It wouldn't surprise me if they thought their precious Butter Blossom could also hoof around with super glue.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

Duckbox posted:

This only works once though. Trust me.

Lol

• Locked thread