Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I don't care about any of the characters in the first two batches, so I'll just save up for later.

WoL is King above all until probably April. AoE BRV shield, tanking, party healing on his EX and all of it also does damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Ehh, Trine on Kefka handles those dangerous HP attacks. While the extreme difficulty I can do with some trouble, and COSMOS is a bit out of my range, I still enjoy the stuff I can do.

The only EX I have on a support is on Y'shtola

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Man this game loves giving me EX weapons. Saw someone in an Atlas Cosmos with Alisaie and she actually did alright, and it was even with no 15 or 35 passives. And seems like a cool character setup that's different from how everyone else works. So I threw some tickets at her until like 1 or 2 golds, and GOT IT on the second gold!

Now the flip side of this is that I'm getting the EXes too quickly, so I can't level anything cause I don't have stones. But still, I'm thrilled to have her even if it's an EX-only(and of course the free 15cp). Guess this makes the-- Edit: I meant the Lyse story chapter, which I think is the one after Noel. Oops! His might still be good for me too cause I will probably take Noctis off the free EX draw, and his 15 and 35 are on Noel's. Lyse too because it has Y'shtola on it and I need her 35 and 15!

Skipping Paine banner in all likelihood.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 4, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alisaie is a chick? :shrug:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yep!! Apparently her twin brother is Alphinaud, who also comes out in a couple months albeit sans an EX weapon. I never played XIV, but I know Alphinaud cause he was good on FFRK for a while when I played that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They're from XIV and not XI? Either they were introduced after I quit playing, or they were part of the post level cap content (I quit 1 level from cap) :shrug:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah they are XIV. Glancing at wikis it says they are important later in the story, so probably after you quit.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
They are first introduced during the like lvl 30 ARR main story quest... so unless you were just not paying attention at all during that, then you missed them. You go around to all the capital cities listening to some big long speech about bahamut murdering everyone, and they offer their judgemental commentary on each one, then you go back to giant pants chick and she introduces them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

They are first introduced during the like lvl 30 ARR main story quest... so unless you were just not paying attention at all during that, then you missed them. You go around to all the capital cities listening to some big long speech about bahamut murdering everyone, and they offer their judgemental commentary on each one, then you go back to giant pants chick and she introduces them.

Yeah, I don't remember that. From what I can see, they're just NPCs you briefly talk to until you do the Bahamut raid. Ifrit and Titan are the only ones I did. Maybe Garuda? Hell, I stopped playing before the first expansion was even named, so I've forgotten so much from that game.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, I don't remember that. From what I can see, they're just NPCs you briefly talk to until you do the Bahamut raid. Ifrit and Titan are the only ones I did. Maybe Garuda? Hell, I stopped playing before the first expansion was even named, so I've forgotten so much from that game.

I have only played the free trial, so I've literally only fought Ifrit and done nothing else in the game

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
So Noctis got his 70* awakening.

I already had his stuff. I just need to finish his lost story to get the crystals to get him to 70*. But I already have him at 65*.

Still gonna roll regular stuff with Lightning and Kuja with Noctis. Since Kuja is really drat useful against the groups of low mooks.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Five tickets got me Cinque EX! But now I'm down to 14 power stones after buying and upgrading her other weapons, along with a bunch of other people along the way.

I miss having 90+ stones.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
triple Noctis on the Cinque coop is silly

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Got 3 copies of Cinque EX, 3 copies of Cinque 35, but zero copies of Cinque 15(in about 90 tickets and 15k gems)! Thankfully we get that free one. I've been getting the EX weapons too fast(a good problem to have really) and don't have powerstones so have to pull for dupes lately.

Next target is Setzer which should be in about two weeks. His first banner will actually be better for me than his return with Vanille and Serah, since I have them MLB but need copies of Onion Knight's 35.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In the last week:

Porom EX in some number of tickets and one pull.
Noctis EX in 100 tickets and two pulls.
Cinque EX in five tickets.
Paine EX in 30 tickets and six pulls.

I'm loving broke on everything but armor orbs and weapon tokens. Luckily I can skip everything until Sherlotta.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Slow thread so double posting; I know some of you aren't on the Discord (where we discuss many lovely things) so here is A LINK to a Summon Board spreadsheet I made. Just make a copy into your own Google account and start filling in those boxes.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I'm just jumping back into this game after a LOOOOONG time away. At the time Squall and Vanille were the only event characters, and it looks like there are a whole bunch now. I have roughly 20k Crystals saved, and was wondering if theres any banner that is a "must pull" now or in the near future while I work my way through event characters and new story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

wisdomHNOX posted:

I'm just jumping back into this game after a LOOOOONG time away. At the time Squall and Vanille were the only event characters, and it looks like there are a whole bunch now. I have roughly 20k Crystals saved, and was wondering if theres any banner that is a "must pull" now or in the near future while I work my way through event characters and new story?

Bad timing friend, as there is going to be a BRAND NEW THREAD!

COME ON DOWN AND POST!

Feel free to ask in there and we'll hook you up.