Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I want to believe Yana will win. How unreasonable am I being?

Also I love Frankie Edgar and I wish he was fighting someone more interesting.

Interesting how? Someone with more of a name or experience? Because T-City kinda rules so far, what with having 5 UFC finishes in a row and all. I don’t know if he can do that to Frankie but he’s been pretty awesome to watch so far. I love Frankie and his big Jersey balls too, he’s one of the few high level guys left who would risk his title shot on a replacement fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah that Feathwerweight match up is super intriguing to me, you've got the old lion seeing if he can still impose his will on fighters vs the up and coming fighter whose BJJ ranking is basically "magic". Last time Frankie was in a fight like this he loving massacred Yair Rodriguez. Last time Ortega was in a fight like this (sure, not against as-experienced a fighter but still, one of the Old Guard) he managed to switch his grip while being held in the air and choke out Cub Swanson. I like both of the fighters so I'm not going for one over the other, I'm just going to enjoy the show.

New thread will be up while you yanks are asleep tonight.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Frankie owns, and I don’t care who he’s fighting, I just want to watch him fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If Frankie gets Ortega down and holds him down it's going to get really ugly for T-City, really fast.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
frankie will bash him up on the feet too. i don't think it will be frankie / yair bad, but it might be. hope t-city's hail mary subs are in tip top shape.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think it'll be competitive on the feet for the most part, Frankie'll have to be careful in close and in the clinch, but yeah. Unless Ortega can force a lot of transitions and catch Frankie out, I think he's probably going to be on the wrong end of a 30 - 27.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Frankie vs Yair reminded me of the old "just good enough to get a life altering beating".

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Before it starts, when they're both pacing back and forth and the card comes up, Jon Anik says, "...in this fight, which Yair Rodriguez asked for by the way..." and for a second it's like he can see into the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
New thread's up folks, I made sure the most important news was front and centre.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850721

• Locked thread