Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MuRLinn
Jan 25, 2018
Freshly out of a Counter Strike try harding bender I decided to upgrade my PC(AKA throw out the old and buy new poo poo) With my new PC, colorful and fast as hell I decide to put my 1080 gtx to the test.

Load No Mans Sky...
Result = looks great

Load Fallout 4 with 19 mods...
Result = Looks great

Load Witcher 3...
Result = Looks great (that hair)

The next was a game I never got to really sink my teeth into. Not to mention horror games aren't really my thing however the Alien movies are fantastic, so I dust Alien Isolation off from my uninstalled steam library and install it once again. Mind you I hadn't played it since it came out, and only for maybe an hour or so.

Back when it came out there was talk around the water cooler about the Anti Aliasing issues the game had. Even with Nvidia settings maxed out the game would still have issues with those pesky jagged edges. Ignoring this I load up the game.

My heart still works cause I can feel it now

After about two hours in I cannot stop panicking and checking behind me. Every sound, ping of metal, whoosh of air, scream of an innocent random perishing to god know what has me internally in turmoil. The pace and atmosphere of this game is top tier. Being able to play through a part of the Alien universe is amazing. I'm constantly finding myself in dark vents with 2% flashlight battery left listening to the distant sounds of off the wall androids with murderous intent, as well as the perfect predator Xenomorph that hunts and stalks every single individual on the station until there is no one left but you and that memorable yet otherwise unreliable motion tracker. Yet the jagged edges were still there. Nvidia settings maxed out, even set it to enhance the games settings and still I found there had been no change since I first played it years ago.

So I googled that mess and found there is a mod called Alias Isolation Which attempts to fix the anti aliasing issues, and does so with amazing success. The change is quite drastic and reinvigorated the absolute terror this game has to offer. Link to a steam community post about the mod

https://steamcommunity.com/app/214490/discussions/0/350540973995700302/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread