Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

1. It's incredible that JT was able to carry the halftime show by himself with no guest appearances aside from a decidedly low-rent prince hologram

2. The CGI versions of Tom and Nick just standing there next to their stats, sometimes flipping a ball, looked really bad for a multimillion dollar production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those CG models were done by a make a wish kid. not joking, it was what he wanted to do because he wanted to model and animate for video games when he grew up. thought it was really cool even though they didn't look good

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
IDGAF how low rent it was, Prince appeared and I’m a happier person for it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Cavauro posted:

those CG models were done by a make a wish kid. not joking, it was what he wanted to do because he wanted to model and animate for video games when he grew up. thought it was really cool even though they didn't look good

That kid's name? Andey.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

I'm not sure that's true, at least according to this:

https://www.sporttechie.com/nbc-used-virtual-3d-nick-foles-tom-brady-super-bowl-broadcast/

That's some shockingly bad scanning if that's the case. I'm a 3D artist myself, although I specialize in hard surface modeling rather than characters, and I just don't understand how they can look so terrible. Like, even without scan data a good artist should be able to get a decent likeness for not a huge amount of money. I don't get it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
They were really, really awful.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah really you can't even see Nick's tremendous hog tucked down his left pant leg whatever happened to attention to detail jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jivesauce posted:

I'm not sure that's true, at least according to this:

https://www.sporttechie.com/nbc-used-virtual-3d-nick-foles-tom-brady-super-bowl-broadcast/

That's some shockingly bad scanning if that's the case. I'm a 3D artist myself, although I specialize in hard surface modeling rather than characters, and I just don't understand how they can look so terrible. Like, even without scan data a good artist should be able to get a decent likeness for not a huge amount of money. I don't get it.

I wonder why they lied. the kid is definitely real

• Locked thread