Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
life schedule adjusted accordingly to 22 peeps browsing this forum

please use the rest of this thread to discuss graffiti on trains....

1) is this still a thing

2) if this is still a thing why does all the graffiti look like it came from an episode of the fresh prince of bel air

3) are any of you the guy i saw on a train pass through youngstown, oh today, possible named HENCE?

4) was the crown above his name ironic or not

5) it was a pretty sweet train i mean it was pretty long and most of the cars seemed full so maybe score a point or so for it not being ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
i heard the fines for graffiting trains are bigger because its dangerous and they want to discourage it specifically as opposed to other forms of graffiti op

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Every time I see ur username I get excited

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

spectres of autism posted:

i heard the fines for graffiting trains are bigger because its dangerous and they want to discourage it specifically as opposed to other forms of graffiti op

i can see this if they tried to graffiti it while the train was moving i would recommend against that too

Papa Was A Video Toaster

There's some old CP Rail engines in my town that are supposed to be on display but one is under a tarp because it was repeatedly tagged. I think kids these days are just lazy, they don't want to go down to the railyard and risk getting caught.

Edit: also this thread tag is cool and good.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
so si there some kind of secret point scoring system for how often people looking at trains see your name and what would the prize be is it anything like highlander

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
sry this doesn't have to do with graffiti (I don't see as much as I'd like because I live in a very suburban area)

but I work closing shift every Monday night so I'm always here then posting on my phone.

Every.
Monday.
Night.

:gonk:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Macnult

Graffiti these days is just The Same Old poo poo, hence the crown.

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember reading an article about how they've made trains "graffiti proof" not by like using fancy metal or anything, they just take trains that get tagged off the rails and wash them pretty much immediatly so that tagging a train is pointless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Part of the graffiti point system involves how long a piece runs for, before being buffed out. Another part is how many pieces you have running simultaneously. If you have a lot of these points you get to put a crown on your scribbles.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Most of the purpose of tagging trains now is to develop a network of writers nationwide that help each other find work at graphic design or advertising firms

Twenty Four

If you see someone doing graffiti, offer to buy them an account here and tell them they can post here instead, and that they can even have a cool sig!

Piso Mojado

Twenty Four posted:

If you see someone doing graffiti, offer to buy them an account here and tell them they can post here instead, and that they can even have a cool sig!

this is bacalou's turf :colbert:

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Some dude up here in the north-east tagging literally every other train "Amtrak". Dude is prolific as hell. Very nice stencil work, too.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
its everytime... just not all the time

----------------

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

Hugh Malone posted:

Most of the purpose of tagging trains now is to develop a network of writers nationwide that help each other find work at graphic design or advertising firms

so graffiti on trains is basically linked in

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

UWBW posted:

Some dude up here in the north-east tagging literally every other train "Amtrak". Dude is prolific as hell. Very nice stencil work, too.

FluffieDuckie

Hi husky dilf! I fixed your thread title for you

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I remember in the comic DMZ there was a flashback sequence where a guy was tagging the roofs of subway cars and then the reveal is when all the trains are at the yard it spelled out MINE.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

FluffieDuckie posted:

Hi husky dilf! I fixed your thread title for you

:love: hi fluffy :love:

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

Hugh Malone posted:

Part of the graffiti point system involves how long a piece runs for, before being buffed out. Another part is how many pieces you have running simultaneously. If you have a lot of these points you get to put a crown on your scribbles.

who is keeping track of all this and do they have to spend a lot of time looking at trains with some kind of computer or something and was this what that movie trainspotting was about it

it just seems like a lot of work

Piso Mojado

ive been inspired to vandalize a train

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Piso Mojado posted:

"byob bithc" 10 feet high

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

Piso Mojado posted:

i would do the caboose

also locomotives seem sadly neglected by brightly colored names

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Piso Mojado posted:

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love train art. It's one of the better things that happens. When you get all mad that you are stopped by the train, I am enjoying a free (in every sense of the word) art gallery curated from all over the country, at least from wherever those lines go!

HUSKY DILF posted:

i would do the caboose

also locomotives seem sadly neglected by brightly colored names

I bet that they have much tighter security on them than the cars.

----------------

FutonForensic

while the vandals outside desecrate the train's exterior, I'm going to desecrate the interior of this dining car by going hog wild on the shrimp platter

Darkman Fanpage
wrote my name in big but hard to read letters so everyone on the eastern seaboard will see it and think “what an rear end in a top hat”

FutonForensic

writing "chugga chugga woo woo" on the sides of trains to trick people into thinking they've been sucked into a comic book

Manifisto

spray painting one of those magic eye things so when people see the train go by they don't have enough time to figure out whether or not it's a sailboat

ty nesamdoom!

UWBW

spray painting "I love cops" so the police are real conflicted when they catch me

spray painting a picture of myself being arrested. When the police come, I start screaming about "The Prophecy" being fulfilled

spray painting a picture of a train onto the train. It is much smaller than the real train. The cops call me a small-time criminal and it hurts my feelings.

Spray painting my name onto the side of a train, except it's the exact same color as the train's paint. When the cops show up they don't really understand what's going on and stand there confused.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

FutonForensic

spray painting windows and brick to increase the property value for train hobos

take the moon

by sebmojo

UWBW posted:

spray painting a picture of myself being arrested. When the police come, I start screaming about "The Prophecy" being fulfilled

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW

Spray painting "Officer Kowalski, will you go out with me?" on the side of a monorail. She blushes as she puts me in handcuffs and pats my butt playfully as I get frisked. I serve 3 months.

• Locked thread