Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The best at suicide sledging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Guy who sucks poo poo at cross-country skiing did some cross-country skiing, everybody cheered out of pity:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/mexico-madrazo-winter-olympics-finish_us_5a86ac0fe4b05c2bcac996a1

The greased up Tongan guy beat him even

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Guy who sucks poo poo at cross-country skiing did some cross-country skiing, everybody cheered out of pity:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/mexico-madrazo-winter-olympics-finish_us_5a86ac0fe4b05c2bcac996a1

The greased up Tongan guy beat him even

hell, if I could get to be in an olympics by taking up skiiing a year before, I'd do that poo poo too
I would probably be the first person to drop dead in the middle of an olympic event but still... history in the making

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

raditts posted:

hell, if I could get to be in an olympics by taking up skiiing a year before, I'd do that poo poo too
I would probably be the first person to drop dead in the middle of an olympic event but still... history in the making

Two people beat you to it (3 if you count Paralympics) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_and_Paralympic_deaths#In_competition_during_the_Olympics

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neither were during the Winter Olympics though, I've still got a chance at stardom!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Tie for gold in the two-man bobsled, that was a good race.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

HookShot posted:

Tie for gold in the two-man bobsled, that was a good race.
Finished watching, what a fantastic competition!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, NBC just aired it in primetime, that was wild.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like the color guy NBC has for bobsled, his excitement is contagious.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
$100,000 average price tag for a professional bobsled.

God drat.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
There was a funny moment on the Canadian bobsled broadcast today, they were talking about how in luge technically women are allowed in the two-man luge, but women were not allowed to do four-man bobsled until a few years ago.

Female commentator: "Back when I raced, women weren't allowed doing four-man bobsled at all, even though the luge athletes were allowed to do it."
Male commentator: "And there's a very good reason for that!"
Female commentator: *silence*
Male commentator: "IT'S SEXISM!"

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

HookShot posted:

There was a funny moment on the Canadian bobsled broadcast today, they were talking about how in luge technically women are allowed in the two-man luge, but women were not allowed to do four-man bobsled until a few years ago.

Female commentator: "Back when I raced, women weren't allowed doing four-man bobsled at all, even though the luge athletes were allowed to do it."
Male commentator: "And there's a very good reason for that!"
Female commentator: *silence*
Male commentator: "IT'S SEXISM!"

Haha. The male commentator has done all the sliding sports, he has been really good.

Really happy for the Canadian 2 man gold, by all accounts Justin Kripps and Alex Kopacz are good guys and they had some great runs. Hoping for some 4man success too

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

germans beat the americans in women's bobsled by .07 :stare:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

germans beat the americans in women's bobsled by .07 :stare:

Which somehow makes the perfect tie gold in men's even crazier.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Apparently the German team has never even won a World Cup race before, so that's a pretty crazy result for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I don't think I've been paying attention, but didn't countries with multiple bobsleds used to palette swap their sleds? I'm thinking back to Lillehammer or Nagano, very disappointing this year to see the Americans all in black and the Germans all in yellow.

• Locked thread