Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was at work the whole time. I kept my phone off. I stayed away from the internet. I stayed away from the weird guy who always comes to work wearing a different hockey jersey. I got home, still unspoiled, sat down at my desk, opened up the separate browser window where I've got the link to the OBS streams via NBC and CBC's websites (I've had weird poo poo happen and sometimes one works where the other doesn't) and NBC pops up a huge goddamn alert banner with the results at the bottom of the screen. Like, thanks a loving lot. Maybe some of us wanted to treat this like sports and not a patriotism circle-jerk.

Watched it anyway (on CBC's stream, for spite)

fantastic game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

hexwren posted:

I was at work the whole time. I kept my phone off. I stayed away from the internet. I stayed away from the weird guy who always comes to work wearing a different hockey jersey. I got home, still unspoiled, sat down at my desk, opened up the separate browser window where I've got the link to the OBS streams via NBC and CBC's websites (I've had weird poo poo happen and sometimes one works where the other doesn't) and NBC pops up a huge goddamn alert banner with the results at the bottom of the screen. Like, thanks a loving lot. Maybe some of us wanted to treat this like sports and not a patriotism circle-jerk.

Watched it anyway (on CBC's stream, for spite)

fantastic game

CBC's site has those alerts too.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I have one Olympic womens hockey story:

One of the women on Team USA that lived in my dorm was so pissed that they lost to Canada in the semi-finals that when she went dancing the first weekend back from the Olympics with the bronze medal, she tossed it somewhere on the dance floor, never to be seen again.

• Locked thread