Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, it really is. There's a lot more going on than most people realize.

I got comandeered by my mother to volunteer at her local speed skating meet a few years ago, which was the first time I'd been there since I was a kid. Since I didn't have speed skates anymore I didn't get to do my preferred job (water bucket dumper-around-the-corners person) but I was basically the documents runner, putting results and race orders up on the walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I'm impressed that they actually weave kevlar or UHMWPE fiber into the speed suits for better cut resistance.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Mass start is really weird. What's the point of the intermediate sprints? Just so people can gun for 4th and below?

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Jeza posted:

Mass start is really weird. What's the point of the intermediate sprints? Just so people can gun for 4th and below?

The mid race sprints were more relevant in the qualifying rounds.

• Locked thread