Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
night slime
May 14, 2014
Not outside the dex boost if that even applies. Some food does I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

smallmouth posted:

Do any of the subclasses allow you to swing two handed weapons faster?

The only main thing to make 'em swing faster is to time your swings. You prob noticed you swung at seemingly random intervals, no?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Some gear pieces allow charged attacks to go off ridiculously quick.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

widespread posted:

The only main thing to make 'em swing faster is to time your swings. You prob noticed you swung at seemingly random intervals, no?

I get the timing. I just didn’t expect it to have such a wind up. I figured that would be solely the heavy weapons that swing like that.

I am wrong about a great many things in life. I was right to buy this game. The coop is great. I just wish it didn’t take so long to set up a match.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 20, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sadly, the player base is really small. Match making specifically for NA seems to get the best results though.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Chip and Ironicus MGS V lp is up. Chip expresses cautious optimism that Survive might be good, which is nice. Too bad more people didn't have that opinion.

E: And of course the comments dogpile on it... I know, I shouldn't have looked. Depressing how the horseshit surrounding the game is believed so unquestioningly.

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 22, 2018

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Honestly I think this game is good. Not great, not amazing, and nothing really groundbreaking but it's not anything like the YouTube celebs reported it as. I put in a bunch if time, enjoyed the events, and got my character almost to 69 on a class. Hopefully Konami will release more content and maybe even an expansion eventually.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Even Honest Trailers got absurdly hostile, and just parroted Jim and Angry Joe.

People took Kojima leaving really loving personally.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Haha, I just now figured out how to activate a subclass and assign skills. All the sudden I’m ten levels higher. :p

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Had a random do that. He was in amazement about my level and wondered how the gently caress - two minutes of chat later and he was able to use all the poo poo he'd been reading up on. :v:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I don't know how to do that :smith:

Also I just found out you can strengthen weapons. Made a lot of progress last night on the campaign. Thinking about jumping into the multiplayer, how should I prepare to not be a complete waste of space? I'm level 20 on the campaign, but my weapons are pretty slim pickings. Actually I just got an assault rifle recipe right before I went to bed, but I've been primarily using the bow and pistol as a backup. I've been using melee as kind of a last resort.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Honestly, I'm happy to find a match with anyone when I play. It's not like you'd be dragging me down.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I don't know how to do that :smith:
It's literally post-game. Just keep trucking with the campaign. Don't hesitate to jump into some multi, though. Dunno how the community will handle lower levels these days, but you can probably organize groups through things like a reddit discord or something. Seems to still be really active.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The few of us nuts enough to keep playing can easily handle lower levels in multi at this point. It's only in Extreme where the MLG lunatics reside, so unless you're actively sabotaging the match you'll be fine.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Played 4 or 5 rounds last night. Turns out yea, easy is pretty easy but it was still a lot of fun. One match some level 67 guy dropped some sort of giant stationary machine gun, much bigger than the one I can make, that appeared it could have solo'ed the entire round.

Is there any reason of keeping the starting crafting stations once you gain access to the next tier? Just curious before I start demolishing things I might need.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nope. The only exception is cooking stuff - double check the recipe requirements as some items need you to maintain lower tier stuff even when you've reached the likes of Kitchenettes.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Yeah kitchenettes can make steamed stuff, but you'll still need cooking pots and smokers to keep access to the rest of the recipies

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Start what I assume is the final campaign mission, see a message that says 29:50 until server maintenance. "Well ok... hopefully the mission doesn't take that long and/or I'm not playing multiplayer so maybe I'll be ok?"

Shoots boss in half, gets cutscene and then "Disconnected from server" :argh:

God drat it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Well fortunately there was actually a checkpoint in the final mission, so I didn't have to redo it completely. Unlocked subclasses and went to play some online games and found zero matches :smith:

They should allow for a multiqueue or something, so I can join the daily/weekly/normal/easy all at once and put me in whichever is going to fire.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Wait I beat the Lord of Dust and don't have the other classes. What is the next step?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I think you have to find another data tape? It should be labelled as a story mission.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Foreskin Problems posted:

Wait I beat the Lord of Dust and don't have the other classes. What is the next step?

Head to Africa, there's one more mission for you to do first before you unlock the post-game.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Its super dumb they're postgame; they should be like, midgame, just before going to Africa

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Agreed. It also would be nice if they started off at a smaller cost but it ballooned at the same rate, meaning overall you have to spend less at the start but around the same once it gets expensive.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Ahhh, gotcha. I remember rage quitting because I blew up the bridge and was surrounded by those invincible dudes. I'll give it another crack.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
There are now Metal Gear Solid 4 Gekkos as enemies, and Metal Gear Rex can be piloted as a heavy tactical support option. I haven't played the game in a very long time, but some of these additions are kind of odd as Konami would have had to create entirely new assets for them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Its super dumb they're postgame; they should be like, midgame, just before going to Africa

The other bosses should also be in the campaign but Games As Service

night slime
May 14, 2014

Safeword posted:

There are now Metal Gear Solid 4 Gekkos as enemies, and Metal Gear Rex can be piloted as a heavy tactical support option. I haven't played the game in a very long time, but some of these additions are kind of odd as Konami would have had to create entirely new assets for them.

Where are the gekkos at?

I haven't played either in a while but the single player environment was very creepy when I just turned it on, since I forgot where everything was after all the grinding I used to do. Maybe they should have went with randomly generated areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Safeword posted:

God forbid they actually have to make new assets instead of recycling. I would happily reinstall if they actually added some new stuff.

• Locked thread