Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm sorry if this take is too hot, but I think that maybe the news could stand to cover at least two things, instead of having to never bring up either thing A or thing B. I hope that's ok.

E: Here is a picture of seven cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
What exactly is the conservative angle the news should take into account to be unbiased? Like, for example?

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

Lemming posted:

Fox news is the only respectable TV station that isn't wasting time on this worthless non-story

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/983514386223509504?s=20

Tuck was on fire tonight. The first half of the show he pointed out how the entire msm is jacking off at the prospect of war in Syria. Is there any network or cable news show that’s against it other than him?

And that tweet is wrong, he did specifically show a clip of cnn interrupting a report on Syria to cut to breaking news on trump’s lawyer’s office getting raided, then clowned cnn for a bit about spending so much time on Stormy Daniels, of course they would toss aside a petty Syria story.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lol admitting to watching at least 50% of an episode of tucker tarlson

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Excuse me, this is the US election interference thread.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Excuse me, this is the US election interference thread.

lol yr so salty aren't you now

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Wait I thought this was the lol at democrats thread :confused:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Avirosb posted:

Wait I thought this was the lol at democrats thread :confused:

every thread is

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382397-mueller-looking-into-150k-payment-ukrainian-magnate-gave-to-trumps

but hillary...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, Hillary sucks.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, Hillary sucks but have you ever sat in the darkness wondering why you're not good enough

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
If we just had... If we just had ONE more Benghazi investigation...

ONE more

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If only Hillary was in jail over her emails, then all the stuff Donald did and is currently doing at this moment would be totally fine and good.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

throw hillary in jail forever who gives half a gently caress, we're talking about don's crimes :thunk:

goddamn don's press meltdown ranting about the emails was some choice poo poo. lol that of course he's such a coward he ain't even have the balls to fire anybody yet

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

World War Mammories posted:

goddamn don's press meltdown ranting about the emails was some choice poo poo. lol that of course he's such a coward he ain't even have the balls to fire anybody yet

Doesn't help that he's running out of people to fire, or rather people to fire the people he want fired.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
from comey's book:

quote:

When Comey met Trump to brief him on Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election, he recalled the then-president-elect's reaction reminded him of the mob.

Comey writes that Trump asked only one question: "But you found there was no impact on the result, right?" Trump and his team then “shifted immediately into a strategy session about messaging on Russia. About how they could spin what we’d just told them."

Comey said he had never seen president George W. Bush or Barack Obama discuss communication and political strategy in front of intelligence officials.

"I tried to tell myself that maybe this was because Trump and his team had little experience on these matters — Trump, of course, had no experience in government whatsoever — but in an instant, the line between intelligence and politics began to fade," Comey writes.

also lol:

quote:

Trump asked Comey to look into the "golden showers thing."
Also during the White House dinner, Trump brought up former British spy Christopher Steele's dossier that alleged links between Trump and the Russian government.

Unprompted, and in another zag in the conversation, he brought up what he called the “golden showers thing,” repeating much of what he had said to me previously, adding that it bothered him if there was “even one percent chance” his wife, Melania, thought it was true.

That distracted me slightly because I immediately began wondering why his wife would think there was any chance, even a small one, that he had been with prostitutes urinating on each other in Moscow … In what kind of marriage, to what kind of man, does a spouse conclude there is only a 99 percent chance her husband didn’t do that?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Avirosb posted:

Doesn't help that he's running out of people to fire, or rather people to fire the people he want fired.

A problem easily solved with more hires and a revolving door in the next room after they get the job.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Folks loved it when he fired people on that show. Why isn't it working?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

Folks loved it when he fired people on that show. Why isn't it working?

Needs to add a twist to raise the ratings.

I say make them walk the plank into a cold swimming pool while a marine band drums them out.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Dyna Soar posted:

from comey's book:

also lol:

it's incredible how so many in the circle are such godawful liars, ie. trump and manafort (in a lol from the past). it's also incredible how trump seems to have expected the fbi director to act as a fixer for him.

anyway, hopefully we all die in ww3 soon

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Needs to add a twist to raise the ratings.

I say make them walk the plank into a cold swimming pool while a marine band drums them out.

I hope the press folks turn it around on Huckabee Junior and start grilling her on new hires. When they walk the plank we'll have even more to laugh at.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

I hope the press folks turn it around on Huckabee Junior and start grilling her on new hires. When they walk the plank we'll have even more to laugh at.

The White House staff hiring process should be determined by making the applicants compete against each other in Takeshi's Castle episodes guest hosted by Trump.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DancingShade posted:

The White House staff hiring process should be determined by making the applicants compete against each other in Takeshi's Castle episodes guest hosted by Trump.

He only hires elderly men tho. They'll all break a hip.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

elderly men you say

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's okay, they'll have to sign a waiver first.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i would totally be open for hope hicks to be my sugar mama, to support me and give me an allowance for buying beer and music gear. i'd even be willing to turn into a trumpet (trumpist?)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dyna Soar posted:

elderly men you say

Look, you can't have a whole staff full of nothing but tokens. That undermines the entire concept of token.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/18/a-political-volcano-just-erupted-is-the-us-on-the-brink-of-the-next-watergate

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Uh oh

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-23/pompeo-affirms-reluctantly-that-russia-tried-to-help-trump-win

Quick, a war with iran!

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Not quite what the article said.

The Article posted:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo acknowledged -- after prodding by lawmakers -- that he backs the finding by U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia meddled in the U.S. presidential campaign to hurt Hillary Clinton and ultimately help Donald Trump.

Pompeo, who previously was Trump’s CIA director, was pressed by Democrats on whether he accepted that finding during testimony Wednesday before the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

“Yes, sir,” he said. But that was only after he initially said the judgment that Russian President Vladimir Putin wanted to help Trump win “was the least confirmed, that is, there was the least support for that” in the report issued by the CIA, the FBI and the National Security Agency in January 2017, a few weeks before Trump took office.

The findings continue to present an awkward dilemma for Trump’s national security advisers, who seek to stand by the intelligence community even as the president frequently denounces the continuing investigation into Russian meddling by Special Counsel Robert Mueller as a “witch hunt” and assert that the Russians actually were working to help Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Not quite what the article said.

Uh, yeah. The article was about russian interference with the elections. My comment was just a prediction how trump will try to divert attention. Kinda stupid that i have to explain this

• Locked thread