Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Yahoo has finally opened the fantasy baseball registration, so we're back in business for year 2!

There was someone who stopped checking his lineup in May last year. Do not rejoin if you are not going to set your lienup for the entire season.

Buy-in: It's.....twenty dollars

Draft Date: Monday, March 26th 6:30 PM Pacific. I picked this date and time out of thin air, it can be changed if need be. But I am busy with Little League stuff on every day except Mondays and Thursdays, so it's gonna be one of those days.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

Playoffs: 6 teams

Other non-standard Yahoo things: I made "add injured players from waivers or FA to IR" to YES and I made the playoff tiebreaker "best regular season record vs. opponent" rather than "higher seed"

max acquistions in a week is 6 and min. IP is 7, this can also be changed if someone has a better idea.

If you weren't in the league last year, post below and you'll be added to the waitlist. If you were in the league last year but don't want to participate this year, please let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

SA Name Team Name Paid

coronaball Jobu Needs a Refill Yes
Doltos Buck Showalter No
jabro my name is jabro No
xdistak jose's Sailign School No
dewey7788 the Hateable Winner No

waitlist:

boroda
Bud
The Pussy Boss

coronaball fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 18, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
In for another season of earth shattering ERA destruction

From last season's thread could we possibly switch to quality starts instead of wins? I feel like it's the shittiest stat in baseball. Also I'm still in favor of OBPS and Saves+Holds as consolidated categories since last year's hold/save punting fiesta was kinda boring and holds are super unreliable even if you build your team to pick them up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Back in.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Please post your team name if it's not obvious who you are so it's easier for me to keep track.

Doltos posted:

In for another season of earth shattering ERA destruction

From last season's thread could we possibly switch to quality starts instead of wins? I feel like it's the shittiest stat in baseball. Also I'm still in favor of OBPS and Saves+Holds as consolidated categories since last year's hold/save punting fiesta was kinda boring and holds are super unreliable even if you build your team to pick them up.

I think I'm OK with these things, especially the latter. The trade deadline turns holds guys into closers and vice versa and it's a pain in the rear end.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I'd like to get on the waitlist if I can.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
#2 on the waitlist please.
Dropped out of my "I know these people IRL" roto league this year and would like to get back on a yahoo league if possible.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I can be back in if you make the draft a bit earlier, I have to be up at 4:30 AM the next day for work, and a 9:30 EST start time will not work.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

mentholmoose posted:

I can be back in if you make the draft a bit earlier, I have to be up at 4:30 AM the next day for work, and a 9:30 EST start time will not work.

I can make it 9:00 EST, but any earlier than that is too hard for the West coasters (like me!)

I will update the team list and waitlist, send another reminder, and start accepting payments tonight when I get to a PC. It's March 1 and time to get moving on this.

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003
I'm a huge faggot who needs to learn that money can't solve all of life's problems.
In (last year's winner)

Can't do the 26th unfortunately. Can we do earlier in March?

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
The Hateable Winners checking in for a another season!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

xdistak posted:

In (last year's winner)

Can't do the 26th unfortunately. Can we do earlier in March?

How about Thursday, March 22?

I fixed the list of teams and waitlist and sent an email reminder out. You can start sending payments. My paypal/Google Wallet/Venmo are all eric dot ruth at gmail.com

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'd prefer to keep it on a weekend. Too much stuff going on during the week and being west coast when work/dinner/kids is done it's too late for people on the wrong coast.

Edit: I see the original day was on a Monday which is fine since I'm off those days so drafting around stuff is easier.

jabro fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 5, 2018

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Maybe Sunday 3/25 then?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can do that as long as it's later at night.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

coronaball posted:

I can make it 9:00 EST, but any earlier than that is too hard for the West coasters (like me!)

Alright, I'm going to have to drop out then, there's no way I can get enough sleep and do the whole draft that way. I might try to get back in next year if my schedule is different.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

I can do that as long as it's later at night.

Later than 6 PM Pacific? I dont wanna do that to the east coasters who have to work the next day.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

mentholmoose posted:

Alright, I'm going to have to drop out then, there's no way I can get enough sleep and do the whole draft that way. I might try to get back in next year if my schedule is different.

If you have to work at 4:30 AM every weekday, then yeah its probably not gonna work out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That day works.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

We've only got 5 confirmed players and 2 on the waitlist. I might have to disband this. Maybe TAQ and/or SA as a whole doesn't get enough traffic anymore to fill the vacancies. That's sad, if so.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

coronaball posted:

We've only got 5 confirmed players and 2 on the waitlist. I might have to disband this. Maybe TAQ and/or SA as a whole doesn't get enough traffic anymore to fill the vacancies. That's sad, if so.

I could potentially provide another 2-4 players who, while non-goons, would be attentive managers the whole season. I can check their interest level if you'd be fine with something like that.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

boroda posted:

I could potentially provide another 2-4 players who, while non-goons, would be attentive managers the whole season. I can check their interest level if you'd be fine with something like that.

I might take you up on that. See my next post.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

It's time to figure this out.

Anyone from last year who has yet to acknowledge they are coming back has until midnight tomorrow, 3/15 to do so or they will be deleted.

At that point we will add the waitlisted and see where we are at. We will probably have to dip into the non-goon pool of people. As long as they pay and dont quit midseason, that's fine with me.

I will start accepting payments when we fill up. I will run this League with 10 people if need be, but 12 ideally. No less than 10 nor more than 12.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

boroda posted:

We are going to need 4-6 new individuals so if you want to talk to your people and I'll talk to mine and we can see if we can get enough owners to salvage this thing. Let me know if you need any info from me.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'd be up for this if the draft is on the 25th

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

coronaball posted:

We are going to need 4-6 new individuals so if you want to talk to your people and I'll talk to mine and we can see if we can get enough owners to salvage this thing. Let me know if you need any info from me.

So far I've got a yes from 3 of them!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'd be up for this if the draft is on the 25th

It is.

I will clean up the list of teams today I swear. Ive been busier than poo poo. We Will make this happen!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I deleted all the teams that are out. That leaves us with 5. If Bud, boroda, and Pussy Boss join that's 8. if boroda's people join that's 11. And if I get my friend in we got 12! Let's get to work.

boroda: you don't have PMs. email me at eric.ruth@gmail.com with your email and your friends emails so I can send the invites.

Bud and Pussy Boss: sending PMs with invites.

Everybody please let me know if I screwed anything up or deleted your team or some dumb poo poo.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

coronaball posted:

I deleted all the teams that are out. That leaves us with 5. If Bud, boroda, and Pussy Boss join that's 8. if boroda's people join that's 11. And if I get my friend in we got 12! Let's get to work.

boroda: you don't have PMs. email me at eric.ruth@gmail.com with your email and your friends emails so I can send the invites.

Bud and Pussy Boss: sending PMs with invites.

Everybody please let me know if I screwed anything up or deleted your team or some dumb poo poo.

Emails sent!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Joined. Should I paypal you now or are we waiting to see if it fills up?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm only in if we can do it later on this Sunday, like 9:30 pm est ish

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm sorry guys, I think I have to disband this. I just dont see how we can fill the league, get all the payments, and all agree on a draft date before the season starts. It doesnt help that I started a new job and both Yahoo and SA are blocked on my work PC, so I cant do poo poo to organize this duribg the day. My apologies.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

No problem. I'm gonna do several Yahoo pro leagues anyway, would've been fun to do one with goons for forums gloating purposes though.

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
drat, alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003
I'm a huge faggot who needs to learn that money can't solve all of life's problems.
Drat :'(

• Locked thread