Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Woody Allen's early comedies are great. He had some good movies in the 80's. His work declined from there. Critics liked his films because they were all about upper class people flapping their gums. Car chases and explosions are for the Joe Sixpack proles in the fly over states.

Great artists are great because they can't function doing anything else. Normal, well adjusted people who can hold down a 9-5 and express themselves in a healthy manner don't need to be artists. Great artists are broken people who break the people around on the way to expressing themselves in mediums other than verbal conversation. They make great works that inspire and inform the human condition yet suck at being humans.

I am a failed artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
What’s that one movie where he sexually assaults his seven year old step daughter but then marries a different step daughter and then a bunch of high profile performers continue to work with him anyway even while supporting anti-rape movements and charities? Because that one was very funny in a dark way, like how can you run press junkets for a sex monster in the morning and then come out in support for rape survivors in the afternoon? And how can you repeatedly assault a child and then marry another child without at some point deciding to drink Draino? It was a very thought provoking movie and was funny and charming too in the way only Woody Allen can do.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

In The Bushes posted:

What’s that one movie where he sexually assaults his seven year old step daughter but then marries a different step daughter and then a bunch of high profile performers continue to work with him anyway even while supporting anti-rape movements and charities? Because that one was very funny in a dark way, like how can you run press junkets for a sex monster in the morning and then come out in support for rape survivors in the afternoon? And how can you repeatedly assault a child and then marry another child without at some point deciding to drink Draino? It was a very thought provoking movie and was funny and charming too in the way only Woody Allen can do.

Wasn't this basically the plot of Frasier season 6?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4fR2vvTkpI&t=48s

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Does Antz count?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
pedophiles, op

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hollywood people become druggies because they end up surrounded by druggies and lots of freely available drugs, and usually lose touch with any normal people outside of that orbit

It's strange though, I did quite a respectable amount of drugs and never banged children or molested anyone.

I think Hollywood attracts trash people and they do trash things.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

girl pants posted:

One of my exes messaged me like a month after we broke up to tell me he got over me by watching a bunch of Woody Allen movies and drinking. So I guess a person like him.

Was he already broken or did you do it

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I watched all his best movies as a kid right before it came out that he was a pedo. Since then I only watched The Curse of the Jade Scorpion which was actually good IMO and Midnight in Paris which was also good.

And people talk about Woody Allen movies like they are all like Annie Hall and Manhattan and if you've seen one you've seen them all. But he actually did a bunch of different genres and his movies are all different. His best movie is probably Crimes and Misdemeanors which everyone should watch.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Nah, it's more a hosed up culture in Hollywood with lots of pervs and psychos in power plus an industry structure that emphasizes connections, patronage, and nepotism. People become assholes when they suddenly have no limits on their behavior along with a toxic culture and copious amounts of drugs

woody allen lives in new york

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's OK, he got a whole harem of adopted daughters to replace her

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hollywood is absolutely full of pedophiles. Someone post that photo of Woody Allen hanging out with Jeffrey Epstein

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Nothing is more beautiful than an ancient pervert claiming a child bride with his withered claw.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Icochet posted:

People who live in new york and meet other people for brunch

its p much this yeah

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
We watched Sleeper in 7th grade and the movie is funny but the older I got the more hosed up I realize it was that they showed it to a bunch of thirteen/fourteen year olds.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
For years, every time an Allen movie came out, some critics would say things like "It's a return to the old Woody Allen!" or "Allen returns to form!" I always thought, why? Why is this one a 'return to form'? How bad was the last one? Why is this one a return to form when the last one was, too?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Khazar-khum posted:

For years, every time an Allen movie came out, some critics would say things like "It's a return to the old Woody Allen!" or "Allen returns to form!" I always thought, why? Why is this one a 'return to form'? How bad was the last one? Why is this one a return to form when the last one was, too?

Sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog fans when every game comes out.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That image of Allen and his daughters is seriously creeping me out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mind the walrus posted:

That image of Allen and his daughters is seriously creeping me out.

its insanely gross

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog fans when every game comes out.

Sonic's had a pretty solid stream of good games recently

The worst one (sonic forces) still managed to be fun in a ridiculous way

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

Sonic's had a pretty solid stream of good games recently

The worst one (sonic forces) still managed to be fun in a ridiculous way

Alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017