Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Find and rat a rare book on cannibalism just to spite the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Probably should've closed voting since it's been too long and I'm halfway done writing option A. I don't mind switching if we get another B vote, it'll just take another couple days.

Blasphemaster posted:

Find and rat a rare book on cannibalism just to spite the universe.

You're not much for learning but you started reading criminology in your spare time just to know what the guards would be looking for. One account of an uncorrupted serial killer was especially chilling. The heinous nature of his crimes made it hard for the guards to find him since it was assumed to be the Inquisitors' jurisdiction and weeks were spent searching for Corruption that didn't exist.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Makes sense. In a universe where lots of Bad Stuff is caused by Genuine Evil Forces, a mundane killer can be hard to catch due to the way the system is set up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Going to try and get an update out this week. Can someone remind me which faction won the vote?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Looks like a win for B.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

super sweet best pal posted:

Going to try and get an update out this week. Can someone remind me which faction won the vote?

Nice, good to see this isn't dead quite yet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Practically done, just need to GIS some pictures for it.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Oh, nice! Looking forward to returning to attempts to make a LVL 1 Selective Doomsday Cannon.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Practically done, just need to GIS some pictures for it.

We're back!

Welcome back!!

Apprentice Simulator 2019 can continue!!! :ocelot: :)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

poo poo yes!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Woo!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The agent's instructions were to leave the southeast gate and head south, traveling through the slums to the old abandoned farm housing. The guards barely give you a second glance, probably assuming you're just some slum kid going home after working as a street sweeper or something.

These buildings were abandoned when the nearby farms stopped producing for reasons that have left the owners and the university ag department stumped for years. The region's farmhands now live out east and the city guard has given up on the area, much to the annoyance of rich merchants living on the other side of the wall.

"Hey kid," a gruff voice calls out from an abandoned building as you're looking around, "what the hell you think you're doing out here?"

"Maybe he's a cop," a shrill voice replies, "We should gut him just to be sure."

"Wait, I saw this one before. He's with that rich bookman," A man you recognize from the shop steps out, followed by a rather large man and a tiny trollkin, "Your boss decide to play ball? All those things we do for him and he refuses to do one little favor for us."

"Quiet," shrieks the scaly little troll (you barely paid attention in school but you remember they're called kobolds), "We have dirt on the shopkeep but this... this one we can't trust. How do we know you're not a snitch?"

It leaps onto your sholder, starts choking you with one hand and waves a dagger in front of your face with the other. "One chance or I'm having eyes for dinner."

"Dammit Lenny, they're not going to waste an apprentice," shouts the large man, "They didn't find anything earlier, they won't be back and Jumbo 'n Beefy're leading them away from here."

The regular sized man rubs his palm across his face, feigning exasperation. "Brutus, Lenore, shut the hell up and let the boss deal with 'im."

You relax as the weird troll jumps off your neck and scampers up into the rafters of a nearby building. "Hope ya get eaten!"

Brutus reaches into a pile of rubble in the building he came out of and drags the whole pile to the side, then he yanks the floorboards up to reveal a passage into a basement. Inside, he removes a loose brick and strains to pull the wall open, revealing a passage leading further underground. You try to explain why you're really here but before you can say a word he shoves you down the hatch and yells "Save it for the boss."

After being ushered through a couple more hidden basement doors you arrive in a plain room with a well. The air is unbearably putrid. Another door, made of some dark metal, looms at the far end of the room.

"Brutus," the normal sized man says as he holds a handkerchief in front of his face in a futile attempt to block the stench, "what have we all said about shooting your mouth off? Boss'll want to talk to you."

"I feel bad for his brothers," the man says to you, "They won't be seeing him again, if they're lucky."

His expression darkens as he starts laying out the rules for your meeting, "Before you go in, kid, let's get a few things clear. Only reason you're still alive is we haven't decided to kill you yet. See that well?"

A scratching sound can be heard from inside the well. Listening more closely you can hear weird moans and growls.

"Horrible, isn't it? If you tell anyone about us or your master's involvement with us, you'll wish we just dumped you in there. Same if you say anything about the boss' condition when you see him. If your master's answer's just a waste of time, you're better off jumping down the well yourself, and 'cause I'm a nice guy I'll toss a knife down after ya, no need to suffer. Understand?"

[b]A. (lie) Enter the door, say your boss agreed to help them out.
B. Enter, tell their boss you want to work for them.
C. Add on, just tell this guy instead, no need to waste the crime lord's valuable time, right?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Throw up

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Also shake in shoes, start sniffling uncontrollably.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Blasphemaster posted:

Also shake in shoes, start sniffling uncontrollably.

All this. Give up on being a gangster, Gunther. Go home. Try not to wet yourself.

Edit: VVV This too.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 14, 2018

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Replacing previous B vote with:

*SNIFF* I-*sniff*I-I-I-WANNABEA*sniff*GANGSTER. *SNIFF* So big kids *sniff* don-'t *sob* PICKONMEANYMORE! *snifffffffffSNORT* Please don't *sob* ki-ki-kill *sob* meeeee!*sniff* *vomits all over shoes* *starts hyperventilating*

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

A. (lie) Enter the door, say your boss agreed to help them out.
B. Enter, tell their boss you want to work for them.
C. Add on, just tell this guy instead, no need to waste the crime lord's valuable time, right?

:wave: Welcome back, super sweet best pal! :wave:

I was going to go with B, then I saw this.

Blasphemaster posted:

*SNIFF* I-*sniff*I-I-I-WANNABEA*sniff*GANGSTER. *SNIFF* So big kids *sniff* don-'t *sob* PICKONMEANYMORE! *snifffffffffSNORT* Please don't *sob* ki-ki-kill *sob* meeeee!*sniff* *vomits all over shoes* *starts hyperventilating*

Which is beautiful.

Vote: +1

"This is what happens when you mess around with the Yakuzas. Go home to your Mother!"

CourValant fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 13, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Really don't want to just give up on this. Going to try powering through the burnout this week and get back to the main game.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Really don't want to just give up on this. Going to try powering through the burnout this week and get back to the main game.

:wave:

Hey Buddy, thanks for dropping by and giving us an update! :respk:

We don't want to see this story go away either; I for one love the world building and the mercantile feel of fighting the 'EVIL EMPIRE' with our goods and services as opposed to slinging spells or splitting heads.

Hope to see an in-game update soon!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I too am pleased that this hasn't gone the way of the dodo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:huzzah: