Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The camera guy was actually yanked off the ring by someone. He was literally blocking Ronda out of the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CarlCX posted:

Ronda was the best in the world at her weight class when her weight class was mostly one-dimensional people or people who played into her skillset well, and her coach wasn't a big-time MMA coach or someone from a reputable camp--he was just her first striking coach, a dude who'd had two fights on regional circuits and didn't train anyone of note--from back when she started her career and had no money. Half a decade later she was a millionaire on top of the world, and because she'd never NEEDED to change up her training, she never did, because she considered the coach a friend and was blind to how bad he was. Her own mother blasted her coach in the media for being a useless piece of poo poo and she still didn't listen, and stayed at a camp where she was the only notable talent and her coach had nothing to teach her.

So the competition evolved but Ronda didn't, and she got the poo poo kicked out of her and retired.

Also she became convinced she was a striker, and was even put on the cover of boxing magazines, so she started trying to stand and bang with much better strikers

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Laughed rather heartily for that Trips suckerpunch.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Le Saboteur posted:

Triple H just punching Kurt at the end is one of the funniest things that's happened at the end of a promo in awhile.

Raw would be 1000% better if Hunter just showed up at random and socked Kurt in the mouth with no preamble, then skittered off like his rear end was on fire.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Erebus posted:

Is Kurt Ronda's dad or what

That should be the new storyline. Kurt is everyone's dad.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Ronda was the best in the world at her weight class when her weight class was mostly one-dimensional people or people who played into her skillset well, and her coach wasn't a big-time MMA coach or someone from a reputable camp--he was just her first striking coach, a dude who'd had two fights on regional circuits and didn't train anyone of note--from back when she started her career and had no money. Half a decade later she was a millionaire on top of the world, and because she'd never NEEDED to change up her training, she never did, because she considered the coach a friend and was blind to how bad he was. Her own mother blasted her coach in the media for being a useless piece of poo poo and she still didn't listen, and stayed at a camp where she was the only notable talent and her coach had nothing to teach her.

So the competition evolved but Ronda didn't, and she got the poo poo kicked out of her and retired.

I still think if she stuck to grappling she would have still been a contender, and eventually got a new coach but oh well.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Raw would be 1000% better if Hunter just showed up at random and socked Kurt in the mouth with no preamble, then skittered off like his rear end was on fire.

I also like "Trips hangs out backstage and trolls"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rlAZ449Ces

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sotar posted:

That should be the new storyline. Kurt is everyone's dad.

Regular at the sperm bank, and then the pharmacy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There’s that too. He had her convinced she could actually fight standing up and she didn’t even try to grapple until it was too late.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So, uh, who was in that Limo?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

explosivo posted:

Kane

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

explosivo posted:

i just told you it was me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

explosivo posted:

Steph or Ronda

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5OM6xICNZs

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That main event segment was aggressively pointless

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ronda was shown backstage with Kurt earlier. It was Triple H and Stephanie.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Triple H just punching Kurt at the end is one of the funniest things that's happened at the end of a promo in awhile.

It's not quite as hilarious as random Stunners to McMahons, but it was indeed a good 'un

I also appreciated the hurried half-run out, like they were committing a dine-and-dash and trying to make good their getaway without looking suspicious

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

That arm bar, god drat. I'm cringing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Refusing to tap to an arm bar that long in MMA is enormously dumb.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

That whole Raw was aggressively pointless

fixed that for you

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

genuine lol'd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CarlCX posted:

Let's not forget his spectacular "coaching" during her second loss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lycbe3kP5wg&t=19s

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Watched bits and pieces of Raw after the fact. Not sure I'll watch the whole thing but I just want to say that Elias owns.

I'm not sure how he went from "why does this guy even have a loving job?" to being The Best Thing On Raw Not Named BRAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN but here we are.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Elias kind of reminds me of Angle when he first started.

Angle would get on the mic and tell us his three "I's". Week after week he would tweak the same promo a bit, to fit the city that he was making GBS threads on. All the while he was doing it he was getting comfortable on the mic in front of thousands of people.

Elias gets his guitar week in and week out making GBS threads on the city he's in, coming up with quick witty sick burns, all the while getting more experience.

Angle had the advantage of being a far better wrestler, but hopefully Elias can get start getting better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's all pre-written with help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
All promos are, of course.

• Locked thread