Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

"What? No, I don't even... I have Daredevil. This is a multi-part plan, and we just finished part one, I think? And then Hydro-Man showed up, and now we're running late. Just give me a little time here!" She was hoping any of that was a satisfactory answer, but honestly, Doc Ock never pulled this kind of micromanagment crap. And what did Morrie mean about the Leader from earlier anyway? Aside from disrespect that was. gently caress it, whatever. "Look I gotta go. I'll let you know when I have something, alright?"

She didn't wait for a reply before hustling back to the nerds. "Hey, Doc, we should probably get moving. They're going to need us at the helicarrier, probably. I mean, they can't fool shield for long, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Doctor Demonicus
2 XP, 0 PP, 0 Stress

Doctor Demonicus follows into the warehouse, and chuckles viciously at the AIM man's questions. "Oh, I shouldn't think you'd be successful if you tried. No, we'll simply be keeping him under lock and key for the moment. He found out too much about our plans, and I don't like loose ends. Simply find someplace to keep him secured for the course of our mission."

As Titania returns, he hops aboard the massive mutated pigeon. "I agree. With our prisoner secured and our transportation arranged, we are more than prepared." He gestures to Parappa, inviting her to ride the great beast as well. In a low voice, though, he half-whispers to her, "Were you filling that bottle in the washroom? If you need, we can always stop somewhere for a vitamin water or something. I don't think I'd trust the taps in this place with my life. Hell, you could be drinking leftover Morrie for all we know..."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Titania didn't want to answer, and she really didn't want to think about drinking her former teammate. Instead she climbed, unsteadily, onto the giant bird, and meekly responded "I'm uh... immune to toxins, I'm pretty sure." not cancers though, she grimly remembered. loving Doom...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Deep in the Illiad's bowels...

Crusher Creel can't believe what his life has come to. Sure, he's had his share of lows; when you spend your time tangling with Hulks, Iron Mans, or whoever's got their hands on that drat hammer this week, you're bound to have a few rough days, and Carl's record since leaving the ring... well, left something to be desired. But being insulted by a cow? That's a level of degradation beyond even what he signed up for here. Bessie's address of Morbius cuts short his desire to reply, though.

John Dyne posted:

"You should learn your place, good doctor. I am the Daughter of Dracula, blessed and cursed by him with a single bite; I am the Terror of the Pastures, prey turned predator that strikes fear into the hearts of those who would see me butchered or milked. I do not have a "condition" that can be "cured," Michael Morbius."

For a moment, Bessie seems larger than normal, her eyes glinting red as she bares her fangs, a low and ominious mooing under her final declaration: "I am the Hellcow."

"Hah!" Carl's laugh follows immediately on Hellcow's conclusion, but its tone is one of... approval? "I like your friend's guts more'n I like you, doc," he adds, glancing at the Living Wimp-ire. Morbius, for his part, seems unfazed by Bessie's display, save for the hardening of his expression as he returns Hellcow's glare. "Yes," he says, after momentarily stroking his beard, gaze unbroken. "You may be right. We may be too different." His eyes narrow. "Perhaps you are now simply too far gone."

"But!" With a whirl, Morbius hurries back to final preparations. "That is why we do what we do today! For answers!"
"Awright, just talk like I'm not here again," Crusher mumbles, head sinking to his chest in resignation. "Fuckin' Hill," he grumbles. 'Guess it'll all be worth it, though, in the end,' a part of him still thinks, 'long as she keeps her word. The thing's y'do for-'
With a crash, Morbius shoves a rack of servers across the doorway, jerking Absorbing Man to attention. "The poo poo," he calls, struggling against his restraints, but his concerns are drowned out by Morbius's shouting. "Not for Hill and her cronies, but for us! For the answers that matter!" The lights, what few there are, fluctuate madly, their illumination overwhelmed by crackling surges of electricity through the assembled machinery, as Morbius, flipping breakers, hurries around the room. "For the answers that matter!"

Walking up to the central cylinder, Morbius flips the final switch. "And, we hope, these answers shall bring us one step closer to peace."

Machinery chugging to life, blood, gamma-infused and red, surges through the gigantic tubes. A dull green glow spills from within the cylinder, the last remaining light in the room as Crusher Creel's screams echoes through it.

---

Aboard the bridge of the Illiad, three bridge agents crowd around a powerflow monitoring station.

"I'm telling you, it just started." Desperately, Agent Hawk scrolls through his logs to show his superiors the sudden surge's history. "The trial isn't even scheduled unt-"

"We know that, we can see that," Agent Spencer says, turning to Commander Palmer. "This now, and with the sensors earlier-"

"Alert the director," Palmer says, before the monitoring station explodes.

---

In the Illiad's VIP hangar, and throughout the ship, a klaxon sounds, as lighting dims to the dull red that says 'emergency' almost as well as the subsequent panicked announcement: "Emergency! Serious power fluctuations! Prison security has been compromised!"

The hangar bay doors begin to shut almost as soon as the lights drop, outdoor illumination narrowing till, at the last moment, the Blackbird's nose slips through, its telekinetic bubble breaking as door and jet secure each other with a 'SKRONCH'. The cockpit window is blown out by a red blast a moment later.

"X-Men, evacuate!" Cyclops's voice pierces the cacophany. While Kitty phases herself, Magik, and Colossus, out the Blackbird's bottom, Jubilee and Emma Frost, with expressions of respective exuberance and exasperation, emerge through the broken window. "Alright, creeps," the young, yellow-coated mutant declares, the plasmoids whirling round her fingers still unable to make the excitement in her voice less threatening. "What'dja do with the Director?"

---

And, in the skies over New York, in the distance, two villains, one big bird, and anyone else who cares to watch, can see the Helicarrier, lights flashing and a jet jutting like a dagger from a hangar, start to waver in its flight.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

"Swoop in low and let's get wrecking!" she shouts as they approach the helicarrier. "I want to make a REAL big impact!"

(I don't know if I need to roll anything to draw attention, what with everything else going on. But if there's some sort of reverse-grandstanding move I can do, that's what I want)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Bessie

Bessie turns her head towards Creel, feeling sympathy for the man. Here he was, tied up and experimented on, much like she had been. He didn't seem so bad, and so far his personality mimicked that of a cohort she had lost long ago to the horror of mortality; she had watched him age and die, and the thought saddened her.

It was on the trail of these thoughts that Morbius threw his switch, and as a result Creel was now in pain. Anger flashes through Bessie and she bares her fangs, bolting forward with immense speed to try to remove the restraints from the man. Initially, she tries to bite through the restraints, but after a moment of that she tries to pry it apart with her horn; she tries until the man's arm is freed, or success seems impossible.

Biting Through The Restraints: 2#1d10 10 5 4#1d8 5 7 1 7

Solo D10
Meance Master 2D8
What is a Cow? D8
Superhuman Strength D10
Horns D8

17, d10 effect die, versus the doom pool I'm wagering. 1 opportunity. LET BESSIE'S BESTIE FREE

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Doctor Demonicus
2 XP, 0 PP, 0 Stress

Demonicus nods, urging the massive bird down to swoop towards the helicarrier. COOO COOO The shadow of the bird stretches across the helicarrier like an inky black stain, blotting out the sun for those on the deck as it dives close enough for Titania to jump off to start doing her Wreck-it-Ralph routine. He pats the bird on its neck, whispering, "Good boy, Parappa..."

Not doing a roll since it sounds like Titania's taking one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
“What are you doing, my bovine friend,” Morbius inquires as he approaches Bessie and the writhing Creel. “I understand your thirst, but his blood-“ A loud ‘zzat’ and flash of blue light cut the Living Vampire off as someone teleports in behind him. “Hwa,” he asks as he turns.

“Begone, monster!” A swift jab to the nose accompanies the arriving Deadpool’s quip, crumpling a surprised Michael Morbius. “Hi, Bessie,” he calls to his bovine buddy with a wave.

“But seriously, Mikey,” Wade continues, briefly looking down to address the heap of vampire and lab coat before hopping over it to head over to his friend. “Even if unethical human experimentation wasn’t a super trigger for me, I’d shut you down just on principal.” He gestures around the room. “You’re so bad at science you turned yourself into a vampire, then think that means you should do more science? Why would anyone even hire you?”

Almost in reply, a low moan rises from Morbius, to which Wade doubles back for an additional kick. “Hey, don’t bring my work into thi-“ A guttural howl of pain from Creel interrupts Deadpool’s latest bit, and, with a muttered “crap”, he quickly moves to aid Bessie’s efforts; together, they quickly (if a little messily) liberate Absorbing Man from the contraption.

“Sure hope he can’t absorb cancer,” Wade says as he tosses Creel’s arm over his neck. “Titania’d be piiissed about that one.” With a grunt, he hoists the large man from his chair across Bessie’s haunches. “Guess his powers’re supposed to be suppressed though,” the Merc adds, rubbing his already sore-and-healed back as he walks to his cowmpanion’s front. “Not that we could tell, putting him on you.” Patting the side of Hellcow’s neck, Deadpool primes another teleport - this time for three. “As if that skin could get more leathery!”

“It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a plane-sized bird!” As Parappa begins his descent toward the Illiad’s deck, with a flash, Deadpool drops into a seat behind Demonicus and Titania. “More of a Lammy fan, personally,” he continues, gazing down from their majestic avian seat to the city below. “But still, respect, Doc!” Clapping the good doctor on the shoulder (and Titania with the other hand), Wade chins the another trio return. “Places to be!”

Banks of monitors line the walls of the Illiad’s Electronic Espionage Unit, their glow the only light illuminating the room in its current, locked-down state. As one agent peers over their desk to finally confirm that, yes, that is a cow and a man that Spider-Man just left here, the flash of yet another teleport leaves Doctor Demonicus, Titania, and Deadpool seated on no longer bird but desk, sending the agent scrambling, with a yelp, deeper into the shadows.

“And here we are,” calls Wade, swinging one leg over to gracefully dismount the desk. “All to Randall’s specs.”

“Oh!” Quickly patting down his pouches, Deadpool momentarily produces, with much grandeur, a note. “Nearly forgot about you,” he mutters, glancing around the dimly lit room. “I can’t read in this light.” He snaps his fingers and the room jolts to light; bays of bulbs in the ceiling illuminating high-tech desks and the frightened agents hiding amongst them. “Much better,” Wade says, bringing the note to eye level. “Ahem.”

“Note” posted:

Your current objective is a StarkTech security backdoor, being held on the Illiad, in whose Electronic Espionage Unit you have all been brought. Get what you need, and get out.

MODOK will be in touch.

“‘And be sure to thank and appreciate Deadpool for all his help’,” Deadpool concludes, folding the note back up and returning it to an indistinct pouch. “It definitely says that, too.”

“Anyway,” says the Merc with a Mouth, smiling to his companions. “I’ve got to go remind Tony why he loves me. And Emma why she hates me.” With a wave, Wade teleports away once more. “Have fun!”

“Hnnnrrrg.” From Hellcow’s back, Creel groggily cracks one eye open. “M- Mary?”