Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I think you actually probably would just stay in the airlock, or at least take a long time to float out since the force of the wind would be pretty small.

Unless you were being wasteful for no good reason, you probably pump the air out of the airlock before opening it so it stays on board. Execution via airlock doesn't really require you to open the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

CLAM DOWN posted:

I may or may not have gotten that. Don't @ me.

If I had that kind of spare money to throw around I'd have bought one too.

And bid on Johnny Fiveaces.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If whoever is bidding on Johnny Fiveaces is doing it as a joke and doesn't pay up, I'll sick Amos on them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Grand Fromage posted:

If I had that kind of spare money to throw around I'd have bought one too.

And bid on Johnny Fiveaces.

I mean getting $200 isn't that crazy, people spend more on Playstations. It's an expensive display piece and I'm not going to buy one because it's for display only and I really cannot justify spending that much on a display piece. But if model collecting is your hobby $200 probably isn't too crazy.

edit: Unless the shipping and duties are hilarious, I didn't even think of pricing them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pixaal posted:

I mean getting $200 isn't that crazy, people spend more on Playstations. It's an expensive display piece and I'm not going to buy one because it's for display only and I really cannot justify spending that much on a display piece. But if model collecting is your hobby $200 probably isn't too crazy.

edit: Unless the shipping and duties are hilarious, I didn't even think of pricing them.

I'm just hoping to see one on the shelf behind Scott Manley

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

pixaal posted:

I mean getting $200 isn't that crazy

We live quite different lives. Treasure yours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

We live quite different lives. Treasure yours.

It's really just a matter of perspective. Everyone has hobbies and activities that they like to spend their money on. For example, lots of people have no trouble going out on the town 2 nights a week and spend 100+ on food/drinks/entertainment/travel each night. Hell, some couples will drop 200 bucks or more for a single meal. I personally don't really enjoy either of those things so I wouldn't spend my money that way. But I've got no problem spending spending money on games as the ridiculous number of games in my steam library proves.

To each their own.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I think the point was more that some people don't even have $200 to spend on stuff they really truly need.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

TMMadman posted:

It's really just a matter of perspective. Everyone has hobbies and activities that they like to spend their money on. For example, lots of people have no trouble going out on the town 2 nights a week and spend 100+ on food/drinks/entertainment/travel each night. Hell, some couples will drop 200 bucks or more for a single meal. I personally don't really enjoy either of those things so I wouldn't spend my money that way. But I've got no problem spending spending money on games as the ridiculous number of games in my steam library proves.

To each their own.

Inyalowda

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

sebmojo posted:

I think the point was more that some people don't even have $200 to spend on stuff they really truly need.

Yup. Not having $200 to spare is not "a matter of perspective", it's a matter of not having $200.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sebmojo posted:

Steam hentai games?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll admit I misread the post you were quoting and I thought you were saying spending 200 bucks was the different thing instead of "getting 200 bucks."

But if you had 200 bucks, would you think it's crazy to spend it on a display model?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I'll admit I misread the post you were quoting and I thought you were saying spending 200 bucks was the different thing instead of "getting 200 bucks."

But if you had 200 bucks, would you think it's crazy to spend it on a display model?

As opposed to what? That's the big question.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

etalian posted:

Steam hentai games?

Clint_nod.gif

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

I expect high res pics when you get that model in dude.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

TMMadman posted:

If I had thousands sitting around and no pressing needs, no. Like I said, I would've bought it too if I were in that situation.

I have a tiny Roci model on my bookshelf that was a more reasonable $20ish.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tertius Oculum posted:

I expect high res pics when you get that model in dude.

Oh absolutely.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Not gonna lie, I'm intensely hyped for season 4

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

I was pretty busy today, but I'm working on the new thread. Hopefully, it will be ready later tonight.

It's taking a while to update everything. I might just post what I have and then edit it after, if no one minds a work in progress.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I really want to stretch season 4 out but I know I'm going to watch it all.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Svaha posted:

I was pretty busy today, but I'm working on the new thread. Hopefully, it will be ready later tonight.

It's taking a while to update everything. I might just post what I have and then edit it after, if no one minds a work in progress.

IF THAT THREAD ISN'T POSTED ONE HUNDRED PERCENT COPACETIC I WILL FREAK OUT.

FREAK.

Man nobody cares, do it however is easy.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/CaraGeeeee/status/1204878487338856448?s=19

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

talking on camera is your job cara

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Can anyone link where I can get the $200 toy roci? The Kickstarter doesn't have an order link.

Asking for a friend of course.

Edit: supposedly I have the S1-4 soundtrack ok vinyl coming Friday, who knows?! Amazon has been bad about such things lately. But if so between that and S4 I'm gonna be up pretty late.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 12, 2019

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

New Thread is up.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906760

Still cleaning it up, and it's probably too wordy at this point.

Imgur is being an rear end in a top hat. Does SA Platinum upgrade still let you upload images?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Svaha posted:

New Thread is up.

Imgur is being an rear end in a top hat. Does SA Platinum upgrade still let you upload images?

Plat is one image always at the bottom of the post, cannot be changed, cannot be removed.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Svaha posted:

New Thread is up.

I have never been able to get my supposed SA plat ability to upload images to work since I got here a couple of years ago, so I've always just used imgur. Sorry.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

T-man posted:

talking on camera is your job cara

haha my gf said the exact same thing at Cara's bit "what a loving nerd" but in a good way

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Of course Holden has the most boring answer

"My binge watching kit includes the TV remote, because it must"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

zoux posted:

Of course Holden has the most boring answer

"My binge watching kit includes the TV remote, because it must"

His dating profile says "water, air, food" for "top 3 things I can't live without"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm with Bobbie with the chocolate and potato chips

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Just a couple...more...days :negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I’ve been putting off starting anything else for like two weeks in anticipation. Early reviews are good too but I wasn’t really concerned about it

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Bobbie is right about the NZ Whittakers chocolate. If you ever manage to find that in a local store, get it

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I wish it wasn't coming out all in one go. The option to binge is nice, but I feel like it'll be bad for the show overall. There'll be no discussion or hype week-to-week like something like The Mandalorian or any other weekly show, and discussion will be a nightmare with spoilers abound because everyone will be at different points in the season.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
If you want you can just watch it week to week.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm not surprised that I'm aligned directly between Frankie Adams and Wes Chatham in regards to marathon supplies

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

clown shoes posted:

If you want you can just watch it week to week.

You overestimate my self-control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Please take it to the new thread everyone.