Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tabs or windows
This poll is closed.
tabs 16 18.39%
windows 9 10.34%
tabs tabs 18 20.69%
windows 5 5.75%
tabs tabs windows windows 16 18.39%
tabs and windows 23 26.44%
Total: 47 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

allmans style braces are good

the more vertical whitespace the better i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Shaggar posted:

all man style, hard tabs only.

Nah. Allman braces and four spaces.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
make your editor of choice display tabs as 4 spaces

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

i judge a person not by how they open pages but how they close them

Ctrl+W

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
mouse gestures

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Suspicious posted:

make your editor of choice display tabs as 4 spaces

Yes. Do this and also replace all tabs in your files with four spaces.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
One thing that people notice about me right away is that I like using ctrl+l to jump straight to the address bar. They might say "whoa, how'd you do that?" or "wow cool!". Can't say I blame them for not knowing about such a weird shortcut.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Hybrid MDI where windows are organized as tabs

aka old version of Opera

Alpha Mayo fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 15, 2018

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have 25 windows and 203 tabs spread across 4 40” 4k displays right this second, op

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
just surf in one view like its the 90s. rad!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Themage posted:

i have 25 windows and 203 tabs spread across 4 40” 4k displays right this second, op

Screenshot or it didn't happen

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

One thing that people notice about me right away is that I like using ctrl+l to jump straight to the address bar. They might say "whoa, how'd you do that?" or "wow cool!". Can't say I blame them for not knowing about such a weird shortcut.

this is one of those things that you adapt to so quickly that it's really difficult to remember how you got on without it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Themage posted:

nice low res displays you’ve got there. are you legally blind?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I think it's kinda sad that there are no browser extensions that will constrain the browser to a single page view. It could be useful for mennonites and such

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

President Beep posted:

~*~every time god closes a tab he opens a window~*~

this is your best post

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

There Will Be Penalty posted:

80 is great so you can side-by-side that poo poo, have that poo poo appear in a web page without shitloads of line breaks if your browser isn't fullscreen, etc.

120 would probably be okay in most contexts though

just turn on word wrap

if you have long lines you want to align, you can always zoom out a bit temporarily

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
NetCaptor, the gateway drug

Tabs go on the bottom for that ~*spreadsheet feel*~

The side tabs have the text the wrong way round. Only in French is this an acceptable rotation.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

:same: except alt+d

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Alpha Mayo posted:

Hybrid MDI where windows are organized as tabs

aka old version of Opera

:allears: memories

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

this is your best post

:tipshat:

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Management posted:

nice low res displays you’ve got there. are you legally blind?

op, a 40” 4k monitor has a higher ppi than a 27” 1440p or a 20” 1080p(lol) while having much more space to view shitposts on.

ill buy 4 8k displays when gpus can run those well in multimonitor mode

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I control clicked and dragged a group of Chrome tabs in front of my boss and shattered all of his illusions of how the world was supposed to work.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Salt Fish posted:

same but win+r, or just hitting win and typing to open apps instead of using the mouse, or win e to get a windows explorer window

i use a lot of win key shortcuts actually, win+break to get the System control panel is a good one

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I control clicked and dragged a group of Chrome tabs in front of my boss and shattered all of his illusions of how the world was supposed to work.

you can control click tabs? holy cow

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Themage posted:

op, a 40” 4k monitor has a higher ppi than a 27” 1440p or a 20” 1080p(lol) while having much more space to view shitposts on.

ill buy 4 8k displays when gpus can run those well in multimonitor mode

whoosh

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

~Coxy posted:

just turn on word wrap

if you have long lines you want to align, you can always zoom out a bit temporarily

meh it's okay i guess but i wish it would do it more intelligently, like i wish it would do

code:
void poopz() {
    fartz(buttz,
          dongz);
}
instead of

code:
void poopz() {
    fartz(buttz,
    dongz);
}
i've only checked this in emacs (with adaptive-wrap) and visual studio though, dunno about other editors/ides

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

ime visual studio is pretty good about copying the same spacing of the previous line when doing multiline params or lovely linq chains

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

same recently when i held alt+tab and chose one of the 15 desktop windows with my mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

you are now seen as an existential threat. enjoy ur funemployment.

• Locked thread