Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ezekial
Jan 10, 2014
Ryzen 7 1700
16gb ddr4 RAM
MSI X370 Gaming Pro
GT 1030 2GB
LSI SAS9260-8I Sgl RAID card
x8 Seagate 4tb barracudas in RAID6
EVGA 500w PSU

So whether or not I am using net transfer or hard drive transfer, my speed usually begins at 100MB/S transfer, then drops to 0. then will rise to 10-20, then 0. Seems to be after each file, but when moving my copy of Akira, 8gigs or so, it did the same in the middle of the transfer. I've deactivated the default windows defender as well as my firewall to attempt to fix it, nada. Happens when transferring to my RAID as well as the OS drive, so it seems to be system wide. I'd understand a usb3.0 error of sorts, and plugging in usb2.0 seemed to just cap rates but also plummet, but the fact that it's doing it over net as well, seems suspicious. Anyone have a clue how I'd solve this without reformatting and reinstalling the OS?

Forgot a few details. It happens when the files are 2gigs or whether I am doing 2tb transfers. I've been migrating servers, which is why I can say I've been moving terrabytes of data.

Both servers are connected via a gigabit switch and cat7 cables.

Ezekial fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd run the standard editions of CDI and CDM and see if anything looks wrong:

https://crystalmark.info/en/download/

• Locked thread