Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Some good interviews from tonight here. Also Esther Lin has started posting pictures on her account and they look great so far. https://www.youtube.com/user/cagesideseats
where would i find the photographs? do i have to figure out how to use instagram?

i saw her running around on the floor during the show and i was hoping for this :v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh also, americans have no idea how to cheer for the elbow wars

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

cams posted:

oh also, americans have no idea how to cheer for the elbow wars

Americans are used to the "YAY" "BOO" dynamic and doesn't really know what to do when they like both guys

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't have the instagram link but here's some photo's Lin posted on Twitter and welp they are real good

https://twitter.com/allelbows/status/978145609671589888

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo that first shot is fantastic.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bix getting mad at people for liking a match more than he did is exactly the same as people getting mad at big dave for his star reviews. i just dont get it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo that first shot is fantastic.

Esther Lin is very, very good at her job and I got really excited when I saw her walking around before the show started.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That main event was real good. Brutal, wild, crazy.

I have no idea if it was the best tag match in the US ever or in a decade or whatever but it was really good and definitely elevated the card. Which was a lot of fun. Of course it was.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Man, the main event was emotionally exhausting to witness, and well worth staying up until 12:30 am and being dead on my feet and miserable the next day at work. The Golden Lovers may have gotten the pinfall, but nobody won that match.

And even though the commentary was bad, at least it was better than last year. JR actually mostly remembered everyone's names and didn't sound like a drunk grandfather rambling aimlessly after Thanksgiving dinner.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Another great Lin shot this time of ZSj and Suzuki abusing an official

https://twitter.com/allelbows/status/978184334384406528

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Seams posted:

bix getting mad at people for liking a match more than he did is exactly the same as people getting mad at big dave for his star reviews. i just dont get it.

Bix is way more of an rear end about it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bix is way more of an rear end about it

and while getting mad about Meltzer reviews is incredibly dumb, at least Meltzer reviews are something that people talk about for months and years afterwards and use as a resource for seeking out past matches. Getting worked up because @YoungBucksLover69 on Twitter or whatever called this match the best of all time is next level pathetic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'd like to thank you all for watching, hopefully our rage towards this terrible card will give us at least a NEVER Trios Title main event at the Cow Palace.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Another great Lin shot this time of ZSj and Suzuki abusing an official

https://twitter.com/allelbows/status/978184334384406528

This was my favourite thing last night and I laughed for 20 minutes after it happened. This is now my phone's wallpaper.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

This was my favourite thing last night and I laughed for 20 minutes after it happened. This is now my phone's wallpaper.
i was also laughing non-stop during this.

was heartbroken when zack came out without taka, but the dueling chants for zsj were very fun. one of my friends i went with was anti-zsj, and yelling is fun.

ooooooh zack sabre juuuunioor

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I was afraid there would be no kaze ni nare when they started with zack's entrance theme, but I'm very happy there was a very good kaze ni nare, which fully impressed the Japanese commentators :shobon:

also very excited for cow palace because that's possibly doable for me!!! 🤼

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Rewatched the last two matches, the Hangman/White spot on the apron still made me wince even though I knew it turned out ok.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Matt grabbing Kenny's hand and DEMANDING he hit the OWA might be up there with the best storytelling in wrestling.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I'm definitely going to the Milton Keynes show, god drat. Don't even need to see the card.

edit: whoops, wrong thread. SSE was rad though

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 26, 2018

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

Matt grabbing Kenny's hand and DEMANDING he hit the OWA might be up there with the best storytelling in wrestling.

Yeah when I noticed him doing that I marked out so hard at the show. gently caress that main event was so drat good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Full card for Sakura Genesis is out. There's a junior title match with Ospreay and Scurll, Young Bucks are fighting Chase & Yujiro and EVIL is back

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/20621?showCards=1

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 27, 2018

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Top of the card is going to be real awesome.

That's pretty low on the card for Tana but we all know bigger things are on the horizon for him so whatev.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Full card for Sakura Genesis is out. There's a junior title match with Ospreay and Scurll, Young Bucks are fighting Chase & Yujiro and EVIL is back

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/20621?showCards=1

The last three matches should be great. The rest is kinda meh to me, to be honest. Too much multiman stuff.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I can't believe the Lovers and the Bucks are having matches on this show after the beating they laid on each other last night O_O

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

SalTheBard posted:

I can't believe the Lovers and the Bucks are having matches on this show after the beating they laid on each other last night O_O

On the plus side, would seem to confirm they're all doing alright after early word was Ibushi might be concussed and Kenny thought he broke an orbital bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/978324144545763330

I'm liking the look of that Sakura Genesis card. Hope Tana gets a pin and then challenges Okada to end the show!

• Locked thread