Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think my fave thing bout the garage scene was their friendship not only being heartfelt, but part of the job Phil had to do was to work Stan. And he played him like a fiddle in the end-- whether it hurt him to do it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

precision posted:

It occurs to me that a big part of the garage scene was that Stan realized he chose to be an FBI agent, but Phil and Liz were raised to believe they had no choice.

Nah, it was Stan realizing there was little real difference between he and they, just two sides of the same coin.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The best part for me was wondering at what point Liz was just going to straight up murder Stan.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Rewatching the finale. Missed this the first time but the music that plays when Paige goes back to the safehouse and drinks a shot of vodka is Tchaikovsky, the same piece that Claudia introduced her to. loving emotions.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think this is probably the single best show I have ever seen, and that's counting Northern Exposure

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

I think this is probably the single best show I have ever seen, and that's counting Northern Exposure

i love northern exposure but i hated the last season

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Just watched the finale.

What a great show, but it had me wanting more.

What’s going to happen to Paige? Why did she ditch her parents-she wasn’t able to go through with it? I just don’t get what’s in store for her since Stan knows she knows, but then again Stan didn’t tell the other agents about the garage scene.

That garage scene though-god drat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Earwicker posted:

i love northern exposure but i hated the last season

I don't even count the last season. So many bad decisions for almost literally every character.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

Just watched the finale.

What’s going to happen to Paige? Why did she ditch her parents-she wasn’t able to go through with it? I just don’t get what’s in store for her since Stan knows she knows, but then again Stan didn’t tell the other agents about the garage scene.

That garage scene though-god drat.
I mean... Paige grew up in the U.S. And while her mom was showing her a ton of stuff about the motherland, it was really all she's ever known. The whole "we're Russian spies" thing is something Paige has known about for... what, two or three years?

In general, Paige and Henry have always been way closer with each other than they have been with their parents. Think about all the times they're just on their own growing up while their parents are "out of town" doing poo poo. Paige has probably been more of a parent to Henry than either of her parents have ever been.

There probably wasn't a better option for their parents given the circumstances, but it would have been a pretty hosed family situation.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nwin posted:

Just watched the finale.

I mean obviously that was the point, they didn't want to spell out every little thing about the finale and what happened next. It's fair to say she stayed because she couldn't abandon Henry, and I don't think the FBI will question her too hard since they have no evidence she was an active part of the spy ring, beyond Stan and yeah probably isn't going to say anything. My hunch is that Paige goes on and lives her life always a little broken by the experience. Really though, whatever happens next is left up to the viewer.

Holly Taylor for a Paige-centered spinoff where the CIA is forcing her to work for them until she's paid off her debt to society. It would be a massive departure in tone, but that's okay. Failing that, FX owes us a Holly Taylor/Kaitlyn Dever buddy cop (or whatever) drama

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

howe_sam posted:

I mean obviously that was the point, they didn't want to spell out every little thing about the finale and what happened next. It's fair to say she stayed because she couldn't abandon Henry, and I don't think the FBI will question her too hard since they have no evidence she was an active part of the spy ring, beyond Stan and yeah probably isn't going to say anything. My hunch is that Paige goes on and lives her life always a little broken by the experience. Really though, whatever happens next is left up to the viewer.

Holly Taylor for a Paige-centered spinoff where the CIA is forcing her to work for them until she's paid off her debt to society. It would be a massive departure in tone, but that's okay. Failing that, FX owes us a Holly Taylor/Kaitlyn Dever buddy cop (or whatever) drama

I watched a few post-finale interviews and panels which was pretty interesting. When asked about everyone's future, the actors had differing opinions. Noah Emmerich has an acting philosophy where he does not interpret the character (not sure if there is a technical term for this) but he was like "it really is up to the viewer to decide, I'm not going to offer my opinion, I didn't get that direction." While Holly Taylor said something like "I think Paige going to stay in that apartment until the vodka runs out, then go get some more."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

with the help of his colleague volodya, philip goes on to become the ceo of lukoil

• Locked thread