Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh yeah those were wide cards. I think Parker had 2 very clear rounds, and a couple other he could have claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Okay quickly, what's the stupidest, most self-destructive and self-sabotaging finish for boxing as a whole for this match?

Definitely didn't expect "horrible ref" to beat out "horrible judging", but I'm glad to see boxing continues to be boxing, self-sabotaging at every chance

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
of note is that joshua looked worse against parker than hughie fury did. you have to factor the terrible loving ref into it of course but that's still the truth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Do you want to become Undisputed Champion of the World."
"No that seems like far too much trouble, I think I'll just stick with these ones thanks."

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

"Parker said this would be a war, I said this would be a boxing match and the ref agreed"

E: the dude who spent 10 minutes walking to the ring surrounded by pyrotechnic jets is telling people he's not about the hype

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If I wasn't with people repeatedly telling me that the referee was ruining this fight I'd seriously walk away from this thinking "how the gently caress do they pack out massive arenas to watch this shite".

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
lmao. between this insanely bad ref nonsense and the last 30 years of every single boxing match being hilariously rigged trash garbage, I can't understand why no one gives a poo poo about boxing anymore.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Jose posted:

I never thought that would be how I saw the worst boxing refereeing performance

Look up the ending of Freddie Norwood vs. Derrick Gainer.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

"I'm not into the hype" says man who stood on a hydraulic stage while a medium-sized car's value in pyro went up around him

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Parker is a good sport.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Gorn Myson posted:

If I wasn't with people repeatedly telling me that the referee was ruining this fight I'd seriously walk away from this thinking "how the gently caress do they pack out massive arenas to watch this shite".

the opportunity to sing sweet caroline with michael buffer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

The hope that maybe just maybe the next fight will be different

It will of course never happen. source: me watching this poo poo with that same hope for 15 years now, please help

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Before this fight I thought that as the technically superior fighter Joshua would jab Wilder to death and stop him easily, but he looks so robotic and uneasy when having to press the action. It'll end up in a firefight and who knows what'll happen.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

The hope that maybe just maybe the next fight will be different

It will of course never happen. source: me watching this poo poo with that same hope for 15 years now, please help

TBF Joshua-Klitschko was real good

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

That was a poo poo tier Lewis-Tua

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

biglads posted:

At least Parker didn't wait till 3 seconds to go at the end of round 12 before finally actually taking a swing at Joshua.

:sigh:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

TBF Joshua-Klitschko was real good

It was a great/satisfying end to the Klitschko saga, but said saga lasted for so long it just drained my interest in the division

Didn't roided-up Shannon Briggs come back at some point too? That's the only other noteworthy thing I remember seeing out of heavyweight boxing between Klitscho runs

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

the opportunity to sing sweet caroline with michael buffer
Okay I'm back on board with this now.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I liked the three seconds when Parker threw two hooks and Joshua responded with an uppercut. The ref was out of position but quickly found his range and continued dominating the exchanges.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I liked the three seconds when Parker threw two hooks and Joshua responded with an uppercut. The ref was out of position but quickly found his range and continued dominating the exchanges.

lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That sucked really bad

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

just watched a replay and that ref was horrendous. Fight sucked too

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

biglads posted:

Lewis-Tua was already poo poo tier

e: hell, I'd say this crappy fight was better than lewis-tua.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does going the distance even count when you barely throw any punches

i guess they couldn't exactly clinch to catch their breath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.
On the plus side I made $30 on my bets. :gbsmith:

• Locked thread