Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm about a third of the way through the last of us and i don't think it's a very good game
This is probably my hottest game related take

that the last of us isn't actually fun to play at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
same but Nier Automata

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It really depends on how much comics are a part of your personal sphere. I don't think it's crazy to not know about a gag strip that's been running for 75 years if you have only the most passing interest in the field and didn't have it readily available for consumption via the funny pages. It hasn't been good for decades and it doesn't hold a lot of cultural cache that would make it ripe for parody. Just because you, personally, aren't familiar with a subject doesn't mean it's not popular or at least known to others.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
actually it's probably that majora's mask is a better and more interesting game than Ocarina in every way but that's not really fair considering

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Expect My Mom posted:

If that brat could swim gdi

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Real hurthling! posted:

If that brat could swim gdi
im actually fine with this, i relate to it even

i also don't know how to swim and would like a strong dad to help me in life

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Mayday! Mayday! Chat thread incoming!

I bet I could spice that up if I could remember some wordy engrish boss fight warning from a shump.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

May Chat Thread: Nancy and Mafalda are Two Different Characters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Mayday! Mayday! Chat thread incoming!

I bet I could spice that up if I could remember some wordy engrish boss fight warning from a shump.

Enemy Warship Rapidly Appears!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s-a May, Mayrio

al-azad
May 28, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Nancy wasn't in either of Seattle's newspapers when I was young enough to care to read newspaper comics

e: It might have been in the Times, we always had the P-I (rip) in our house

I’ve never seen Nancy in the papers either but you could find collected versions in comic shops easily.

Fantagraphics has long heralded Nancy so it got this underground comix appeal in the 80s and 90s kind of like how Moomin was Finland’s best kept secret until the 90s boom.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
in b4 someone doesn't know what moomin is

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some kind of Pikmin?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

In Training posted:

Enemy Warship Rapidly Appears!

:yeah:

Mayday! Mayday! Games Chat Rapidly Appears!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Expect My Mom posted:

in b4 someone doesn't know what moomin is

clearly it's a portmanteau of moo and human, i.e. a cow-human hybrid, or minotaur

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

All the kids are talking about Shmoo these days

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That How to Read Nancy book seems pretty interesting, I might pick that up to go along with my copy of How to Read Donald Duck. Probably less Marxist ideological critique in the Nancy one though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

actually it's probably that majora's mask is a better and more interesting game than Ocarina in every way but that's not really fair considering

I don't think that's a hot take at all

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Ki No Kuni II, I just got the Zepplin, this is pretty badass because now I can go anywhere in the gameworld, but what should I do before I continue with the main story?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's a few Zelda matchups I just refuse to rank against each other because I love them basically equally. Ocarina vs Majora is one of those.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Expect My Mom posted:

the stealth is badly designed and often made irrelevant by scripted sequences where enemies just rush at you

and the story is like Walking Dead game season 1 except worse characters

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Beyond some pretty surface level poo poo (man and young girl that is not his daughter in the zombie apocalypse) LoU and WDs1 have very little in common

Like it's fine if you don't like the game, but that just makes it seem like you haven't played it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Well I'm only up to chapter 5 (Pittsburgh). I think zombie stories just bore me in general.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Everyday's Great at Your May Games Chat Thread

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
May Games Chat Thread: New Funky Mode

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mayday! All Chatters to Posting Stations!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My hottest take was that Majora's Mask sucks but it's probably been replaced with BotW sucks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My hot take is that there is a new thread up:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855727

• Locked thread