Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

HE TOOK 5 SUPERMAN PUNCHES, EVEN ONE OF THOSE COULD LEVEL A SKYSCRAPER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fart blood posted:

Wait.

Roman gets the upperhand the show before Mania??

By law of WWE booking, that means...Brock retains. :stare:

You were saying?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

it's from Troy when Achilles did that cool spear stab!

Seriously, he explained it once.

(dont watch troy just youtube the Achilles fights, they're good fun)

In the movie he’s faking out his opponent by charging them but then jumping to the side and lunging. Roman doesn’t do anything like that though.

Also a Superman Punch is already a different MMA move.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

That was uhh..underwhelming.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Man that was loving weak

Better than Tug of War I guess but at least that was funny. This was.....loving nothing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DrKrankenwagen posted:

That was uhh..underhwhelming.

ModernRaw.txt

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That no one thought of some offense for Roman to do other than spam his signature move 5 times sure is something.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
this build has been so bad it seems appropriate to lift the prohibition on vinceflex

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Its also a legit MMA move (which is probably where they got it from for that bad movie)

The MMA punch is a kick fake into a punch, and named that because it looks like a Superman flying punch silhouette for a moment.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Taker: Another great episode of NCIS. Time to check Raw on the ol' TIVO and see what I missed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’re going to look at the lack of boos toward Roman as a positive and double down when in reality, people just don’t care at all anymore, which is infinitely worse for them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Le Saboteur posted:

That no one thought of some offense for Roman to do other than spam his signature move 5 times sure is something.

He should've done his other signature move, the someone-else-helps-me-powerbomb-Brock

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

One Spear still looks strong for a few more days at least :unsmith:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

CubsWoo posted:

oh no we cant blame road dogg for this what do we do

Who says we can't blame road dogg

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

They’re going to look at the lack of boos toward Roman as a positive and double down when in reality, people just don’t care at all anymore, which is infinitely worse for them.

Seriously, the crowd was hot for the opening segment, Finn/Seth, and Cena's promo. Brock comes out with Paul's :smug: meter turned to maximum, he poo poo on the fans, invoked Brock going back to UFC, poo poo on the talent, and hyped Brock's inevitable victory. And the best they could get for Roman was a tepid positive reaction from a crowd that was full on :dance: for Ronda & Kurt, Seth & Finn, and Cena.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Roman was over here. Sorry y'all.

I saw a man weaning nothing but underwear and a Roman chest protector

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Supreme Allah posted:

it's from Troy when Achilles did that cool spear stab!

Seriously, he explained it once.

(dont watch troy just youtube the Achilles fights, they're good fun)

God that movie sucked, but yeah the Achilles fights were cool. Best part was that they actually did a good job of hammering home that the spear stab was the ultimate finisher that couldn't be stopped, so that when Hector DID block it, it sold the idea that this fight was serious loving business.

I wish WWE could have that internal consistency sometimes. I mean, they kinda are by making it clear one F5 is all it takes, so that it is supposed to be a big deal when Roman kicks out of the F5 at Mania... except everybody can see it coming and nobody really cares.

Little Mac posted:

I saw a man weaning nothing but underwear and a Roman chest protector

Did you ask Dean when he is coming back?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yeah he grumbled something about multiple bar fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

God that movie sucked, but yeah the Achilles fights were cool. Best part was that they actually did a good job of hammering home that the spear stab was the ultimate finisher that couldn't be stopped, so that when Hector DID block it, it sold the idea that this fight was serious loving business.

I wish WWE could have that internal consistency sometimes. I mean, they kinda are by making it clear one F5 is all it takes, so that it is supposed to be a big deal when Roman kicks out of the F5 at Mania... except everybody can see it coming and nobody really cares.

I'll give them a modicum of credit if Roman kicks out of an F5 at a 1-count.

• Locked thread