Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the last 2 eps had a ton of monologues about the nature of a dying show/'type' and lupin continuing to be lupin no matter what and it's like, man, idk
i loving love lupin and this series is somehow still godlike after pt4 and mine fujiko but it just feels like the series is always unpopular/dwindling in popularity or something from how little discussion i see on the char

what im saying is: it's truly incredible that lupin has had 2 back-to-back seasons of top notch quality poo poo and it really feels like a kinda 'goodbye' type theme for going back into the dark age of wack specials

also the 'how did lupin manage to avoid being identified for a full month' question being answered with "he just took off the mask that's the face everyone knows" is a really sick twist

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lupin is huge, just not in the us.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That was a great episode! Really nice end to the show, if that is the end of the show. The message that "the world is changing, but we won't" is a comforting one.

The mask twist blew my mind. I saw a lot of people on reddit posting dumb stuff, like "his face just had something written on it that only Fujiko could read!" or "They all wear masks, so Lupin taking his off is really special!" Umm, no. The person we know as Lupin, we've never seen his real face. Only Fujiko has. It's nuts, it's weird to think that Lupin always has a mask on, probably even always putting a voice on, too, but it does work so well. It's just bonkers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Alan_Shore posted:

That was a great episode! Really nice end to the show, if that is the end of the show. The message that "the world is changing, but we won't" is a comforting one.

The mask twist blew my mind. I saw a lot of people on reddit posting dumb stuff, like "his face just had something written on it that only Fujiko could read!" or "They all wear masks, so Lupin taking his off is really special!" Umm, no. The person we know as Lupin, we've never seen his real face. Only Fujiko has. It's nuts, it's weird to think that Lupin always has a mask on, probably even always putting a voice on, too, but it does work so well. It's just bonkers.

Plus we know Lupin is not his real name. As he and Albert were originally competing to inherit the name.

• Locked thread