Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jersey Mike's is too expensive and two for one is what they're worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Blue Train posted:

Jersey Mike's is too expensive and two for one is what they're worth

Exactly. Last month they didn't have this deal and last month they didn't get my biz.

The sandwich strategy here is alcohol related, and important to note: get a warm sub for dinner; use the 2-1 on a cold sub that will be ready to go in the fridge when a monstrous THC and alcohol-induced case of the munchies come on at 2am.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:hellyeah:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I made BBQ pulled pork this weekend and I paired it with some of the sauerkraut I had leftover from my Reuben kick.

:discourse:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i've got a major chubbs for deli subs

the thing i miss most about living in NYC is the abundance of delis/bodegas/corner stores, with their fresh baked italian bread and big selections of cold cuts (usually lotsa boar's head cold cuts for sammlers of all varieties) and other good meats.

i grew up with the classic 'chicken cutlet hero with lettuce, tomato, and mayo' and for some reason i can't seem to find this particular sandusky outside of NYC and parts of jersey/pennsylvania. a nice breaded and fried thin sliced chicken cutlet is a magnificent thing, and while it's great to fancy it up with baby spinach or arugula, roasted red peppers, fresh mutz, some primo aioli, etc., you still can't go wrong with a plain ol' chix cutlet sandusky on a fresh heroic italian loaf, topped with that classic shredded deli lettuce, sliced tomatos of modest thickness, and veins of tangy mayo. it's a simple sammler but it hits the spot, and it's a shame that the wider world is yet to discover its magic (much like the morningtime deli classic: bacon egg and chee on a roll with salt pepper and a dash of ketch, a delicious NYC breakfast classic and the city's hangover cure of choice)

italian cold cuts are extremely my poo poo as well, especially the most heavenly gabbagool. I've always loved the 'gool with some mutz or provolone and some vinegar peppers.

boars head roasted chicken and turkey are great and considerably less salty than their non-boars head cutcold counterparts. it's another simple sam, but BH turkey with some smoky prov, arugula, red onions, maybe black olives, and either some oil & vinegar or some mayo, always some pleasing stuff. sammaturks never disappoint if you're just a tiny bit picky about the ingredients.

I also miss "pork stores", which are basically extremely Italian delis with a lot of specialty items, an expanded selection of meats usually rivaling the best butcher shops, basically a sammfan's paradise. delicious freshly made sausage, all the best varieties of dried salamis like my beloved sopresatta, it's like a Disneyland of meat.

reubens are amazing, and i love cuban sanduskies very much. there are more varieties of sammlers than i could count prob and i bet most of them are great. but those classic deli-samms of my youth are closest to my heart and i really miss having some lil corner store nearby that i can walk to, order a sandusky, receive it, pay the cashier, and walk home in the time it takes to listen to November Rain. such a vital part of my youth that I always took for granted :sigh:

• Locked thread